plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
Using a splint.

Had acupuncture couple weeks ago and it helped but came back. The therapist couldn't believe that it never hurt me.

Still open minded whether to go for the injection. Students back now at work so will be booking myself in for physio shortly, see how that goes

Seems everyone posting on this has heel or arch pain.I have today been diagnosed with PF ,but my pain stems from the ball of the foot,absolutely knacks when resting for around 10 minutes after exercising.
Doctor has prescribed strong anti inflammatory tablets,if they don’t work he is going to inject.

Is that not Metatarsalgia?

That is something I have been suffering from - felt like ball of foot, but when I press on things it is really at the base of my 2nd and 3rd toes.

GP won't see me, so I searched the internet for reasons/solutions and found this

The tight calf muscles, second toe longer than big toe etc all matched me, and watching the video, what he describes as a good shoe was exactly the opposite of what I was wearing.

I have changed shoes, and working on stretching the calf muscles and things definitely seem to be improving slowly.

It's definitely worth watching the video to see if it applies to you. He also explains why its not the best idea to have drugs/injections for the problem.

Are they not one and the same? It seems to depend which website you read as they are both listed with the same symptoms and I am no medical expert.

Either way, the article/video I linked to made sense to me and appears to be helping me.

Mortons Neuroma is nerve damage. Metatarsalgia is bone/joint damage.

I have it creeping in :cry:
have you contacted neil, dont end up like me mate , i had acupuncture off steve months back but made no difference and it didn't hurt me either
Still open minded whether to go for the injection. Students back now at work so will be booking myself in for physio shortly, see how that goes
the nhs bloke at Grindon told me not to get the injection , said its just a short term fix that often only helps for few month then it returns and as Im older (O50) theres more chance of it causing tendon damage

I cant even feel my biog toe , somebody took a hammer to it and i would just sit there taking it no problem

Last edited:
have you contacted neil, dont end up like me mate , i had acupuncture off steve months back but made no difference and it didn't hurt me either

the nhs bloke at Grindon told me not to get the injection , said its just a short term fix that often only helps for few month then it returns and as Im older (O50) theres more chance of it causing tendon damage

I cant even feel my biog toe , somebody took a hammer to it and i would just sit there taking it no problem
Did he stick it in your heel? he said he's only done it to two people and he was stunned i never flinched.

will see him after my marathon.

Did he stick it in your heel? he said he's only done it to two people and he was stunned i never flinched.

will see him after my marathon.
Think so aye
You must be ok if still running , if had it full on it feels like your walking on Lego

Finally had a scan and it showed up a 1mm plantar fac. Got to ring back in 8 weeks.

Keep up with the calf raises etc. I'm glad I can manage it tbh

My wife had it from running, lasted about 1.5 year maybe more, the only thing that seemed to start the healing process after trying literally everything was strapping her feet up with that tape. It looked like it would be the least effective thing she tried and it worked the most. Must have went through 10 million pairs of shoes and flipflops. I think she found a pair of flipflops that helped in the end as well. If anyone is interested I will ask her what type they were.

I’ve had problems with this for a long time and just on trying the “tennis ball” thing mentioned earlier in the thread. I’ve only been doing this a few days and already noticed a reduction in pain. It’s not a tennis ball I’m actually using, but a hard spiky thing I got with a shakti mat - same principle though. Wish I had tried earlier! I’ve brought it to work and sat rolling my foot for 5 minutes every hour or so.

well i opted for the injection in december and it has helped.... for now.

in the meantime I now have a bunion on my other big toe.

i have seen a podiatrist via the nhs who are sending some orthotics.

stretches continue and i get physio once a week to get my calfs massaged.

After finally curing PF in my left foot, it has now started in my right foot. So frustrating.

Massage gun seems to help ease the pain

Got a lot of pain in my left heel area which an ultrascan picked up 2-3 weeks ago. Waiting to see podiatry in 2-3 weeks time and still waiting for NHS physio though the physio at work should be back up and running soon. Just a case of keep doing a variety of things... Ice, roller stick, step foot drop and other stretches. Ideally need an MRI scan now in my opinion which I'll have to push for when I see folk soon.

My wife had it from running, lasted about 1.5 year maybe more, the only thing that seemed to start the healing process after trying literally everything was strapping her feet up with that tape. It looked like it would be the least effective thing she tried and it worked the most. Must have went through 10 million pairs of shoes and flipflops. I think she found a pair of flipflops that helped in the end as well. If anyone is interested I will ask her what type they were.
Had a few bouts of mild pf earlier in year which i now think has come from being on holiday in flip flops, getting the same now. Anyone know any supportive ones which help. Looking at the hoka ora ones at mo.

Had a few bouts of mild pf earlier in year which i now think has come from being on holiday in flip flops, getting the same now. Anyone know any supportive ones which help. Looking at the hoka ora ones at mo.

Just asked the wife, she swears by the brand oofos for help with plantar.

Back