plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
If by orthotics you mean those insole things with the raised arch bits you shove in your shoes, they fixed my problem right enough. With those and a knee support (£15 off Amazon) i was back running in no time and am able to do a 10k now without being semi-crippled the next day.
Aye orthotics would be specially made innersoles which you would then need to put in All shoes , I’m always bit apprehensive about that as everyone has different gaits and foot shapes etc

Had my cortisone injection on Thursday. Physio put an injection in that numbed the area beforehand, I can't remember what it was. The cortisone injection wasn't painful after this though. Hopefully I'll start to see an improvement soon because there hasn't been any so far!

Had my cortisone injection on Thursday. Physio put an injection in that numbed the area beforehand, I can't remember what it was. The cortisone injection wasn't painful after this though. Hopefully I'll start to see an improvement soon because there hasn't been any so far!
Let me know how get on mate , fingers crossed , this is what nhs offered me couple month back but wanted me to strengthen hips and glutes more first (do heavy calfs twice a week) , but they mentioned risks involved if it goes wrong as it’s a tendon .
Mines still no better after 11 months and I miss running so going to ring nhs tomorrow to try get an appointment .
Complication for me is I have it in both feet now .
Are you able to walk and drive ?

Let me know how get on mate , fingers crossed , this is what nhs offered me couple month back but wanted me to strengthen hips and glutes more first (do heavy calfs twice a week) , but they mentioned risks involved if it goes wrong as it’s a tendon .
Mines still no better after 11 months and I miss running so going to ring nhs tomorrow to try get an appointment .
Complication for me is I have it in both feet now .
Are you able to walk and drive ?

Yes I can walk and drive. I don't think its working so far, but the more severe the condition the longer it takes to work so I'm not giving up just yet. I'm lucky (although I'm not sure its the correct word) in that its only my left foot that's affected.

Yes I can walk and drive. I don't think its working so far, but the more severe the condition the longer it takes to work so I'm not giving up just yet. I'm lucky (although I'm not sure its the correct word) in that its only my left foot that's affected.
Did they say how long you should see a change ?
Mind you I was told doesn’t always work , can go wrong and also sometimes just a temporary fix , otherwise everyone would just get the injection soon as hot plantar fash and be no need for physio

hopefully yours calms soon

Last edited:
Did they say how long you should see a change ?
Mind you I was told doesn’t always work , can go wrong and also sometimes just a temporary fix , otherwise everyone would just get the injection soon as hot plantar fash and be no need for physio

hopefully yours calms soon

Aye, physio went through all that. Said if it was really bad I might need a second jab, so I guess I got a low dose maybe? I don't think he wants to give me more than 2. I don't know what the next step after that is.

Seems everyone posting on this has heel or arch pain.I have today been diagnosed with PF ,but my pain stems from the ball of the foot,absolutely knacks when resting for around 10 minutes after exercising.
Doctor has prescribed strong anti inflammatory tablets,if they don’t work he is going to inject.

Seems everyone posting on this has heel or arch pain.I have today been diagnosed with PF ,but my pain stems from the ball of the foot,absolutely knacks when resting for around 10 minutes after exercising.
Doctor has prescribed strong anti inflammatory tablets,if they don’t work he is going to inject.

inject what ?
MY PF lasted about 18 months. i was at a point of accepting the 'injection' (cant recall what it does) but my physio and doc were dead against it saying it will either work (great) or not , and if not, could permanently damage. It was a long road to recovery but got there eventually.

i have had this 3 times, and jesus the last twice i couldnt walk for the first 2-3 days never felt out like it, there is some random gadgets you can get online but ive nee idea how good they are

I'm still waiting on a date for a scan.

I can do any activity pain free if I wear my gel insoles. I usually walk 8/9 miles a day at work and over the last 5 weeks I've been down to about 2 miles a day and it's made a huge difference. Can wear trainers insole free to walk around etc.

I'm still sure it's a heel spur!

I had plantar fasciitis, seemingly very mildly compared to many on here. Thanks to advice on this forum I did a lot of stretching of my calves and achilles that did the trick for me.

I’ve continued with the exercises but can you over over stretch and do damage? I’m now really struggling with pain and stiffness just below my calf and above my achilles. No stretches I do seem to touch it and it’s getting worse.

I know this isn’t strictly the thread for this but I didn’t know where else to ask about it and I’m assuming it’s all linked. Any advice would be welcome.

Think I might have this, after playing football (in new boots) didn't notice anything, drove home completely fine, went to get out the car and couldn't put any weight on my foot.

This was about 4 months ago now, was hell for about a week, then gradually got better, but every so often my ankle will feel stiff when waking up.

Obviously nervous to get back to football just in case it goes back to what it was like 4 months ago.

Had another appointment today and they've finally agreed to ultrasound it. After the scan it'll be 2 months for my results!!!

Luckily I can still do everything as long as I wear my insoles. Calf raises do my a difference

Steroid injections were mentioned today if its still not great in 3 months

Had another appointment today and they've finally agreed to ultrasound it. After the scan it'll be 2 months for my results!!!

Luckily I can still do everything as long as I wear my insoles. Calf raises do my a difference

Steroid injections were mentioned today if its still not great in 3 months

Had a scan Monday, had results Tuesday morning. 2 months seems a long time to wait

Back