plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
Still can't do any sports with using my insoles. So frustrating.

Ringing on Monday to hopefully get a scan booked in to confirm what the issue is. Injections are a possibility

Had mine almost a year now , almost learning to live with it now , physio washed hands of me after seeing her for 6 month , she mentioned orthotics but don’t really want to go down that route as end up wearing them for life 24/7….
can cycle and swim , bit walking , no chance can run yet and really miss that

could go back nhs as they do cortisone injections but there are risks involved with that and could make it worse, or could try another physio , or just crack on and live with it .

still doing loaded calf raises couple times a week and some stretching

Last edited:
Had mine almost a year now , almost learning to live with it now , physio washed hands of me after seeing her for 6 month , she mentioned orthotics but don’t really want to go down that route as end up wearing them for life 24/7….

could go back nhs as they do cortisone injections but there are risks involved with that and could make it worse, or could try another physio , or just crack on and live with it .

I've stopped bothering with the stretches. Waste of time.

Ever tried platinum physio?

Ever tried platinum physio?
I’m unsure if that’s how I got it in first place Dan mate , had slight calf strain last easter and went saw platinum , he had me doing a load of jumping hopping skipping etc as well as calf loading , the missus use to say it was OTT and unsure if that actually brought on the plantar in the first place , im learning to live with it now but would mean never get to run again and it’s not ideal if want a long walk , dunno will think of try the injections or give platinum a shot

Last edited:
I’m unsure if that’s how I got it in first place Dan mate , had slight calf strain last easter and went saw platinum , he had me doing a load of jumping hopping skipping etc as well as calf loading , the missus use to say it was OTT and unsure if that actually brought on the plantar in the first place , im learning to live with it now but would mean never get to run again and it’s not ideal if want a long walk , dunno will think of try the injections or give platinum a shot
Email Neil sleeman and tell him

Saw an excellent physio when I had it before the 2016 GNR, frankly left the room after each session feeling beat up but did the trick. Still not 100% convinced on the whole thing but he also KT taped my leg up a few days before the race and got all the way through it. Sympathise with others on the post, the way the physio explained it to me was like a coiled spring building up and then suddenly going - when mine went I ended up having to go for an xray as I was convinced I'd broken something.

Touch wood, seem to have been OK ever since but I've been using the foam roller after runs for myofascial release, bought some expensive insoles from Amazon for my outdoor trainers, and swapped to some Adidas ST shoes for indoors. After running, I roll my foot and the side of it over a tennis ball, and do a lot of heel drop/calf exercises.

I still get nervous when I feel twinges in case it's building up again mind. I've given up wearing the flat soled Diesel trainer/shoes I've been wearing since my teens, as I think that was a major contributory factor. Used to hate the 'dad look' of wearing a pair of plainish black trainers with most stuff but since lockdown WGAF.

Last edited:
Jesus H, this isn't nice is it !!

Apart from stretching, ice and ibuprofen are there any other secret remedies ? Ive not ran for 2 weeks and feel unfit already :lol:
Voltarol is tremendous.. I think that's what it's called anyway.. it's a cream you rub on, obviously apply around your heel, sole and ankle in our case.
Hurts more after resting.
I had it for months, then changed the shoes I wore for work, seemed to vanish almost overnight.
True.. I work on my feet, 12 hour shifts, go home to bed and when I wake up I cannot walk with it.. absolutely throbbing.. it must flare up when you rest it.

Last edited:
Voltarol is tremendous.. I think that's what it's called anyway.. it's a cream you rub on, obviously apply around your heel, sole and ankle in our case.

True.. I work on my feet, 12 hour shifts, go home to bed and when I wake up I cannot walk with it.. absolutely throbbing.. it must flare up when you rest it.
I was the same after being on my feet all day at work. Waking up in the morning was horrific.

I've been free of it for a good while now. But my calves are as strong as they've ever been now. Stretching and strengthening them every day were the main help for me. After messing about with Orthotics etc (Don't need them now). I think if I didn't commit to exercising/icing/massaging them every day I wouldn't be back to normal.

When it was at its peak I felt I was doing enough by just stretching/icing/exercising them every other day or so, but it wasn't and would never be enough, got to be everyday. Wish I was convinced sooner than I was. Hope you get sorted

I was the same after being on my feet all day at work. Waking up in the morning was horrific.

I've been free of it for a good while now. But my calves are as strong as they've ever been now. Stretching and strengthening them every day were the main help for me. After messing about with Orthotics etc (Don't need them now). I think if I didn't commit to exercising/icing/massaging them every day I wouldn't be back to normal.

When it was at its peak I felt I was doing enough by just stretching/icing/exercising them every other day or so, but it wasn't and would never be enough, got to be everyday. Wish I was convinced sooner than I was. Hope you get sorted
The stretches and occasionally rubbing some voltarol on sorted mine out.

after 22 months or so of pain I'm having a cortisone injection this afternoon!
good luck mate, i did get that option couple month back when finally got to see nhs but was told it should only be last resort as there are risks and doesnt always work also , my pain is just like a pretty constant 3/10 so i can live with it, BUT I know if i go long long walk it will flare up and no way could run , so its far from ideal , I am managing to cycle a bit and swim
after 22 months or so of pain I'm having a cortisone injection this afternoon!
how much pain do you have ? has it remained constant for 22 month ?

Last edited:
good luck mate, i did get that option couple month back when finally got to see nhs but was told it should only be last resort as there are risks and doesnt always work also , my pain is just like a pretty constant 3/10 so i can live with it, BUT I know if i go long long walk it will flare up and no way could run , so its far from ideal , I am managing to cycle a bit and swim

mines about the same, almost constant 3/10 with the occasional spike 5 or 6 when I haven't stood up for a while then I'm hobbling around swearing and gurning like old man steptoe. Apparently the injection can be "emotional" :lol: according to the physio. I'll report back with my findings.

mines about the same, almost constant 3/10 with the occasional spike 5 or 6 when I haven't stood up for a while then I'm hobbling around swearing and gurning like old man steptoe. Apparently the injection can be "emotional" :lol: according to the physio. I'll report back with my findings.
it wouldnt bother me if it hurt like hell if i knew it would work , knowing my luck it would make the tendon rupture and get worse

Still can't do any sports with using my insoles. So frustrating.

Ringing on Monday to hopefully get a scan booked in to confirm what the issue is. Injections are a possibility
If you think you have a heel spur why don’t ask for radio or magnetic wave treatment,I had a heel spur years ago had that treatment after 4 to 6 appointments it was gone.ps it was some sort of wave treatment.

If by orthotics you mean those insole things with the raised arch bits you shove in your shoes, they fixed my problem right enough. With those and a knee support (£15 off Amazon) i was back running in no time and am able to do a 10k now without being semi-crippled the next day.

Back