Planning on working down south.

MackemRocker

Full Back
Needing a change of role at my work as im just not enjoying it anymore but there isnt anything out there at our place up north.

Plenty of roles open down london or manchester so thinking looking at working down the country tuesday wednesday and thursdays then working from home or the local officer mondays and fridays.

Anyone done much of this in the past and how much of a nightmare is living in a suitcase?

Needing a change of role at my work as im just not enjoying it anymore but there isnt anything out there at our place up north.

Plenty of roles open down london or manchester so thinking looking at working down the country tuesday wednesday and thursdays then working from home or the local officer mondays and fridays.

Anyone done much of this in the past and how much of a nightmare is living in a suitcase?

Living in a suitcase? That does seem to be the norm in London like

Work away all the time, I enjoy it mostly, gets boring like

Work away all the time, I enjoy it mostly, gets boring like
was hopeful of a place up Edinburgh but they need an in town resource for the job.

Perks would be the money potentially saved since id be using the Amex and not my own money so would save on fuel, food, accommodation etc. Hopefully hear something soon

was hopeful of a place up Edinburgh but they need an in town resource for the job.

Perks would be the money potentially saved since id be using the Amex and not my own money so would save on fuel, food, accommodation etc. Hopefully hear something soon
Our food bills at home are massively down when I'm away :D

I'm all over the shop, London last week and this week, think I'm in Manchester next week, North Wales week after. Good fun for a while, but end up spending far too much time in hotel bars :neutral:

Had an interview a while back where the bloke interviewing me said how would you feel about becoming a TWAT? Tuesday's Wednesdays and Thursdays in the office.

Class to begin with, the novelty soon wears off if it’s the same place all the time. Normally the people you work with have their own lives in that city so you’re on your own of an evening, unless there’s a few like you being drafted in from out of town.

Plus points being that if you’re getting the train and not cooking your own meals you get loads of time to read (if you’re into that) or do whatever which I feel I don’t get whilst living my normal life at home.

Minus points being that if you’re not cooking your own meals you risk piling on the pounds. Hotels are shite as well.

Class to begin with, the novelty soon wears off if it’s the same place all the time. Normally the people you work with have their own lives in that city so you’re on your own of an evening, unless there’s a few like you being drafted in from out of town.

Plus points being that if you’re getting the train and not cooking your own meals you get loads of time to read (if you’re into that) or do whatever which I feel I don’t get whilst living my normal life at home.

Minus points being that if you’re not cooking your own meals you risk piling on the pounds. Hotels are shite as well.

^^^ this sums it up perfectly. Got offered a job in Budapest a few year back and it's too far a commute so we looked at buying an apartment and renting it out on Airbnb on a weekend when I wasn't there - took a job closer to home in the end though cos she fell pregnant with atilla

Back