Planned power cut SR3

😂 Were you selling it or did you buy it? Was done owt spot on either way like. Would have been tempted if I'd been looking to move like.

Atleast I know which letterbox to shit in now.
I bought it. I’d looked round High Barnes, East Herrington etc. and other than the area (although where I am is quiet as anything), pound for pound this was the best house... I’d have been spending another £40/60k for an inferior house but in a slightly better location.

My kids have got into EH primary so can’t complain there either.

I look forward to the kids finding a pile of shite on the mat. 😂

I bought it. I’d looked round High Barnes, East Herrington etc. and other than the area (although where I am is quiet as anything), pound for pound this was the best house... I’d have been spending another £40/60k for an inferior house but in a slightly better location.

My kids have got into EH primary so can’t complain there either.

I look forward to the kids finding a pile of shite on the mat. 😂
The price snobbery around Herrington is mental. Massive price disparity for the sake of a 2 minute walk in a particular direction. Laughable really.

Me too.

Also thought folk were posh if they had black pepper in a grinder rather than ground white pepper in a little plastic pot.
I’m far from posh. 😂 Most are dropping to bits a bit from the front and the council do little other than cut the grass but they look lovely from the road. I e been doing stuff to mine and it looks decent out front. Still some to do but as people tend not to use the front so much (all parking is round the back) they tend to get neglected.
The price snobbery around Herrington is mental. Massive price disparity for the sake of a 2 minute walk in a particular direction. Laughable really.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m down places like Charter Drive and up Durham Road every day and the prices for space are eye watering in places. If I moved, the only thing I’d be gaining would be a better postcode (although it’s all SR3) unless I started going £300k+.

Last edited:
I’m far from posh. 😂 Most are dropping to bits a bit from the front and the council do little other than cut the grass but they look lovely from the road. I e been doing stuff to mine and it looks decent out front. Still some to do but as people tend not to use the front so much (all parking is round the back) they tend to get neglected.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m down places like Charter Drive and up Durham Road every day and the prices for space are eye watering in places. If I moved, the only thing I’d be gaining would be a better postcode (although it’s all SR3) unless I started going £300k+.
I have lived around this area for over 30 years in the same house.
When I was looking for houses, the area was always "sought after".
Nothing has really changed.
Now that the old council houses in Farringdon have gone up for sale, (right to buy etc) - there are some great properties to be had at good prices - BUT - the area is still a council estate - and that's where the snobbery will come into it - as @Mackem00 mentions in post #14.

I have lived around this area for over 30 years in the same house.
When I was looking for houses, the area was always "sought after".
Nothing has really changed.
Now that the old council houses in Farringdon have gone up for sale, (right to buy etc) - there are some great properties to be had at good prices - BUT - the area is still a council estate - and that's where the snobbery will come into it - as @Mackem00 mentions in post #14.
Agree 100%! I’ve grown up on council estates and although I look at east and middle Herra and think it looks great, I could effectively afford to double my mortgage but for no other benefit than nicer surroundings which are otherwise a short walk away.

Lovely place to live up this way regardless.

Back