Planned power cut SR3

I bought it. I’d looked round High Barnes, East Herrington etc. and other than the area (although where I am is quiet as anything), pound for pound this was the best house... I’d have been spending another £40/60k for an inferior house but in a slightly better location.

My kids have got into EH primary so can’t complain there either.

I look forward to the kids finding a pile of shite on the mat. 😂

Do you ever use your front door?

Let’s not lower ourselves to the petty shite those SR6 wankers resort to. We’re a community over here, not a bunch of snobbish payday millionaires.
But there's them that knows, and them that don't know.
The Middle Herrington lot are a proud bunch who pride themselves on being on the "right" side of Durham Road.
Me, I'm from the other side of the Durham Road in East Herrington - or as it is sometimes known as "upper Farringdon". 😂

Last edited:
The price snobbery around Herrington is mental. Massive price disparity for the sake of a 2 minute walk in a particular direction. Laughable really.
My dear old Nanna recently passed away and I’m half tempted to move into her house in Charter Drive and do it up as a project. I’d love to get back ‘home’, but trying to convince the wife to live through another renovation and back to a semi might be the biggest challenge.

My dear old Nanna recently passed away and I’m half tempted to move into her house in Charter Drive and do it up as a project. I’d love to get back ‘home’, but trying to convince the wife to live through another renovation and back to a semi might be the biggest challenge.
Better than Silky mind ;)

Better than Silky mind ;)
I love my current kip to be honest, just wish there was some decent boozers within walking distance, fine around Silky for me, but not so much with our lass. Be nice to walk round Board, Stables or Stack.
Is that directly on Durham Road?

Thought he lived in Doxy Park?
It’s the one running parallel and just behind Durham Road coming down from Farra where the old library was.

Silky/Doxy/Ryhope/Tunstall (delete whatever)

Last edited:
You’ll sharp get fed up of the traffic.

That's the posh end of Farra.
The "Top shops" was it not??

Nisbett and Hayhurst?
aye, forgot about nisbett, remember stan hayhurst ( jockey ) was in boozer watching cheltenham gold cup and itv were interviewing ex-jockeys , was a right blast from the past.
And lower Herrington was Farra at the Aldwich Square/Road end. ;)

Back