Planes, Trains & Automobiles

One of the best films ever made. Imo.
John Candy was superb.

Don't get films like that these days.

Anyone else think it's right up there with the very best?

Some cracking scenes aswell.

100% - amazing film and one my all time faves.

On a similar note, I have just watched the Home Alone episode on Netflix series 'Movies that Made Us' - due to John Candy's busy schedule they had him for only one day, and Chris Columbus worked him for 23 hours! Despite his big name, his fee was $450 (the pizza delivery lad earned more money for his part in the film...) and was more of a personal favour to John Hughes. Don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything negative about him - seemed like a genuinely sound bloke.

Naa, nowhere near ya daft bastard.

Still mint like.
Why isn't it. In your opinion?
100% - amazing film and one my all time faves.

On a similar note, I have just watched the Home Alone episode on Netflix series 'Movies that Made Us' - due to John Candy's busy schedule they had him for only one day, and Chris Columbus worked him for 23 hours! Despite his big name, his fee was $450 (the pizza delivery lad earned more money for his part in the film...) and was more of a personal favour to John Hughes. Don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything negative about him - seemed like a genuinely sound bloke.
I have seen that aswell mate on Netflix. The big house the mcallisters lived in was actually a school.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
You're one of them who probably prefers star wars or something nerdy like that aren't you
Well Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back are two of the best films ever, but there's others too.... The Godfather 1 & 2, Goodfellas, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Unforgiven, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Life of Brian, This Is Spinal Tap, Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, The French Connection, Terminator 2....

Back