Plane Etiquette

that's not my problem. you could always pay an extra 50/100 quid for the exit row, or the front row. it's not that much more and solves your problem.
But it’s not his problem. It’s something he’s perfectly entitled to do.
if he chooses to do that then it’s your problem. You pay the extra if you don’t like it

I once had a baby on my lap and someone in front reclined the seat so we didn't have room to use our seat. He went in a right huff when the stewardess said he must keep the seat upright so the baby had enough room. It was a short haul daytime flight as well.
I would have been fuming if someone did that when a baby was on my knee. Glad the airline helped and sorted it for you.

But it’s not his problem. It’s something he’s perfectly entitled to do.
if he chooses to do that then it’s your problem. You pay the extra if you don’t like it
the seats are designed to be reclined for your comfort. i do like it, and have no issue with someone reclining their seat in front of me. if the op has an issue, then it is his problem.

the seats are designed to be reclined for your comfort. i do like it, and have no issue with someone reclining their seat in front of me. if the op has an issue, then it is his problem.
Yeah, that’s what I was replying to. Must have replied to the wrong post.
if the person wants to recline that up to them. If you don't like it then the issue is with the rules, not the person

Did our first long haul flight for 13 years on Wednesday. Was dreading it but it was actually ok and thankfully our kids behaved.

However I found it incredibly annoying and rude that the man in front reclined his chair for about 10 hours 45 mins of the 11 hour journey. Thus leaving me feeling claustraphobic and rather pee'd off. His partner did the same also in the seat next to him. And they were necking on too!! 🤬 Ergh!

Spoke to an air hostess and she said there was nothing we could do. I ended up swopping seats with kids but still not great.

Have you encountered passengers who have done the same, or other annoying acts on a plane, and did you do anything about it?

They had better not be sitting in front of us on the way home!!!
That drives me spare. Some people do it on the NCL <-> Amsterdam. Unable to manage for 45 minutes without ramming their seats in other people's faces.
Did our first long haul flight for 13 years on Wednesday. Was dreading it but it was actually ok and thankfully our kids behaved.

However I found it incredibly annoying and rude that the man in front reclined his chair for about 10 hours 45 mins of the 11 hour journey. Thus leaving me feeling claustraphobic and rather pee'd off. His partner did the same also in the seat next to him. And they were necking on too!! 🤬 Ergh!

Spoke to an air hostess and she said there was nothing we could do. I ended up swopping seats with kids but still not great.

Have you encountered passengers who have done the same, or other annoying acts on a plane, and did you do anything about it?

That drives me spare. Some people do it on the NCL <-> Amsterdam. Unable to manage for 45 minutes without ramming their seats in other people's faces.

You have to be over 14 and able bodied for the front row on Jet2 as they class them as emergency seats.
the op said long haul. generally long haul planes with a 3 4 3 or 2 3 2 formation have the middle front rows that arent emergency seats. normally you see families in them so kids can play on the floor without disrupting other passengers.
Yeah, that’s what I was replying to. Must have replied to the wrong post.
if the person wants to recline that up to them. If you don't like it then the issue is with the rules, not the person
its normally infrequent flyers that moan about it too.

the op said long haul. generally long haul planes with a 3 4 3 or 2 3 2 formation have the middle front rows that arent emergency seats. normally you see families in them so kids can play on the floor without disrupting other passengers.

its normally infrequent flyers that moan about it too.
Same people that have zone 3 tickets but stand and form a line when zone 1 is called.

Woman in front of me tried to recline her seat as soon as the seatbelt sign went off on a daytime flight from faro last year.. wasn't a lot of leg room anyway and at 6'4 my knees were already up against the back of her chair so the seat wouldn't move... ignorant cow kicked a right stink up, tried to move seats, there was none so she then wanted me to swap seats with the mrs just so she could recline.... mrs g said she would happily swap but advised she had a game of snap planned with the bairn and would be playing on the table on the back of her chair.. a major huff lasted the whole flight... can understand it long haul overnight but not necessary short haul in my opinion..

I just complained to the hostess and she sorted it .Some people don't consider fellow passengers comfort ,who needs to fully recline as soon as they board .

The way people eat on an aeroplane is disgusting an all. I know it’s not the best and room is an issue but some people are animals.

I always look behind if I’m going to recline and never recline it fully. If I see someone behind who is tall then I tend not to out of courtesy.
People taking their socks off an all, they must know their feet stink so why do it.

Back