Plane Etiquette

Did our first long haul flight for 13 years on Wednesday. Was dreading it but it was actually ok and thankfully our kids behaved.

However I found it incredibly annoying and rude that the man in front reclined his chair for about 10 hours 45 mins of the 11 hour journey. Thus leaving me feeling claustraphobic and rather pee'd off. His partner did the same also in the seat next to him. And they were necking on too!! 🤬 Ergh!

Spoke to an air hostess and she said there was nothing we could do. I ended up swopping seats with kids but still not great.

Have you encountered passengers who have done the same, or other annoying acts on a plane, and did you do anything about it?

They had better not be sitting in front of us on the way home!!!

Did our first long haul flight for 13 years on Wednesday. Was dreading it but it was actually ok and thankfully our kids behaved.

However I found it incredibly annoying and rude that the man in front reclined his chair for about 10 hours 45 mins of the 11 hour journey. Thus leaving me feeling claustraphobic and rather pee'd off. His partner did the same also in the seat next to him. And they were necking on too!! 🤬 Ergh!

Spoke to an air hostess and she said there was nothing we could do. I ended up swopping seats with kids but still not great.

Have you encountered passengers who have done the same, or other annoying acts on a plane, and did you do anything about it?

Was it an overnight long haul trip?
I hate it when people decline seats. I’ve taken hundreds of flights and have never done it once.
Even long haul overnight?

Same happened to me back from our honeymoon. Some French hewa lashed his seat back as I was tucking into my chicken and roasted vegetable pasta. I said 'WEAY AYE' to him and he turned around and didn't apologise. I spent the next 6 hours of the flight randomly kneeing the back of his chair and apologising.

Little wanker. Wouldnt have minded if he asked but in answer to your question, I wouldn't do it myself.

Back