Plane crash in Cuba

Must admit when I was there, I refused to fly any internal flights.
But that was because the small planes were ancient Russian things, whereas this was a Boeing 737 or similar.

Poor folks.

Must admit when I was there, I refused to fly any internal flights.
But that was because the small planes were ancient Russian things, whereas this was a Boeing 737 or similar.

Poor folks.
That was a very wise decision. I'm 41 years old. I was 2 when the crashed plane was built. It's a nearly 39-year old 737-200 owned by a Mexican company. It spent its first 10 years flying for Piedmont Airlines, which was based in North Carolina, where I live, before Piedmont sold out to US Air in 1989. That's just insanely old for a passenger airplane.

That was a very wise decision. I'm 41 years old. I was 2 when the crashed plane was built. It's a nearly 39-year old 737-200 owned by a Mexican company. It spent its first 10 years flying for Piedmont Airlines, which was based in North Carolina, where I live, before Piedmont sold out to US Air in 1989. That's just insanely old for a passenger airplane.

Jet2 757 fleet has an average age of 30

Crashes immediately after takeoff are nearly always maintenance issue related.

Air Crash Investigation

I reckon a bolt came off, somehow leading to ‘pilot error’. They always blame the pilot.

Back