Places to Sell Classic Games

L

Lexingtongue

Just did the CEX test and found out I have a few games that are probably worth a good amount going off what they'd give me in cash (£60 for Raiden III, anywhere between £116 and £292 for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, £30-£45 for a few others). Obviously I'd like to sell them to people who'd appreciate them (and probably for a bit of extra cash, if I'm being honest) rather than CEX, but haven't a clue where to start. Anyone know of any sites or places I could look at other than, say, Marketplace or Ebay?

eBay is a good shout and I dunno what it’s called but before the Rona there was a few retro gaming shows in Newcastle. You’d get good prices from keen collectors and few of the members will know the fairest prices.

eBay is a good shout and I dunno what it’s called but before the Rona there was a few retro gaming shows in Newcastle. You’d get good prices from keen collectors and few of the members will know the fairest prices.
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled, then. Is there an organiser who puts these events on that I can check out?

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled, then. Is there an organiser who puts these events on that I can check out?
Have a look on Facebook it’s usually quite a big event a bit like comic con but for retro games
I think this is it

Last edited:
there's a facebook group called RETRO REALM if your on fb worth a try
The problem i find with facebook selling groups, particularly with games is that they're rammed with clueless bellends who know nothing but pretend they're the font of all knowledge and thatthey've become increasingly full of resellers in the past 3-4 years, they tend to get the hump if you won't sell them your games dirt cheap so they can make big money on them.
That and the tire kickers make eBay the best option when selling.

I tend to wait for the £1 listings and sell then, much easier and selling to a much wider audience than a facebook group with a few thousand members.

Any luck on this so far mate?
Sold Twilight Princess for Gamecube for £35 unboxed. Sold Raiden III for PS2 for a whopping £120. It was £20 brand new on release!
there's a facebook group called RETRO REALM if your on fb worth a try
Fantastic recommendation this, mate. Made about £165 after delivery on those two games and a pair of Star Fox plushies I picked up in Myanmar for about a quid. :lol: Cheers. 👍🏻

Last edited by a moderator:

Back