Places to eat in Windermere or Ambleside

BlackOps

Winger
Me and the Mrs are walking Scafell next week and staying over in Windermere. Not stayed overnight in the Lakes much so dont know many places to eat. Anyone know anywhere decent?

Me and the Mrs are walking Scafell next week and staying over in Windermere. Not stayed overnight in the Lakes much so dont know many places to eat. Anyone know anywhere decent?
Gan to the pub near Beatrix's house, Tower Bank Arms. Lush. I was fuckin' gutted they didn't have any of beef & ale stew with herb dumplings left as it looked awesome. I will gan back n scran it at some point.

Logon or register to see this image

There’s a tapas restaurant in Bowness called Bodega which is very good.
We were gonna go there on recommendation and the hower was shut for renovations! :lol:

Managed to do Scafell from Seathwaite. Was piece of piss,just long. Only technical bit was bad step through the corridor.

Decided to wear a training top for it. Flying the SAFC flag to the top. Never thought i would meet another lads top on way up like. Met a half SAFC and half Trabsonspor family. The strange places you bump into lads fans.

Anyway, due to being absolutely goosed, got some food in a little chinese place over the road called Golden Mountain. Place is tiny and doubles as a take away but the food was lovely

Back