Places to eat in Birmingham

Asha's is good, plenty of chain type places in Brindley Place with canal back drops, Marco Pierre White has a place in the Mailbox or the Cube can't remember which now

I went to Shimla Pinks a few years ago which was canny. It's shut now like so this post isn't that helpful.
😂 spent a few quid in there when I lived there. Its been gone a while now.

I'd stick round the canal area off Broad Street, or the mailbox.
Gaffer once dragged us to a Greek place up near the Radisson, was shite, avoid that

Asha's is good, plenty of chain type places in Brindley Place with canal back drops, Marco Pierre White has a place in the Mailbox or the Cube can't remember which now

I too would recommend Asha's. If you like pub grub then The Old Contemptibles is good. I always used to have their wild boar burger. The food in The Old Joint Stock comes in meagre portions (pub) but worth a visit for the decor alone. Lots of really good Chinese down by Hurst Street (sp?) although that's also the gay area. Not an issue but it is for some folk.

I had a coriander burger at the old joint stock

Bird at work thought I said ‘curry and a burger’ and thought I was a fat bastard

Oh how we laughed iirc

I went to Turtle Bay not realising it was a chain & thinking of discovered a really nice local restaurant 😁
The Birmingham one is much better than the one in Newcastle btw, having been there since.

Purnells would be the top place but super expensive. Simpsons is very good too but also pricey. I’d probably go curry and probably Asha’s but there are quite a few very good places.
Chinese quarter is good and has some very good but quite cheap places and the chippy in the fish market was very good but haven’t been in to Birmingham city centre for a couple of years so might be slightly dated info.

Last edited:

Back