Places to eat in Bath

Last time we were there with the family (Feb half term), we found it near impossible to get a table for 5. As you wander around spot loads of fantastic looking places but as we hadn't booked in advance no chance. Ended up in chains like ASK and Las Iguanas. There was a pizza place (The Oven) which looked very popular. Let us know how you get on as I fancy going back.

Any good local ales I should try?

Head to The Green Tree, The Bell and The Star, all excellent old pubs who serve proper ale kept correctly, all in a five minute walking distance of eachother.
Avoid any beer by Wadworth, vile stuff, 3D, Finetune, Yeovil ales and Pitchfork brewery all produce excellent ales.

Where are you staying?
Bath :cool:
Head to The Green Tree, The Bell and The Star, all excellent old pubs who serve proper ale kept correctly, all in a five minute walking distance of eachother.
Avoid any beer by Wadworth, vile stuff, 3D, Finetune, Yeovil ales and Pitchfork brewery all produce excellent ales.
I've had a pint in the crystal palace, the Garrick and the ale House up to now.

Last edited:
I forgot The Raven, normally 8 handpumps on and local beers
Yep saw it online. Nice pies apparently. Nipping to Frome in the morning then having a bit of a session when we get back and something to eat. Have you been to the Herd? Sotto sotto have no availability until 2nd Nov.

Yep saw it online. Nice pies apparently. Nipping to Frome in the morning then having a bit of a session when we get back and something to eat. Have you been to the Herd? Sotto sotto have no availability until 2nd Nov.

Can’t comment on the Herd, can on Frome as it’s where I actually live, plenty of places to eat and drink here in the day for a small town, but not so sure of places open in the day, if looking for a bite to eat try Fat Raddish or the Riverhouse cafe, excellent Real Ale micropub, Just Ales, usually three local ales on always different and local farm ciders.

Can’t comment on the Herd, can on Frome as it’s where I actually live, plenty of places to eat and drink here in the day for a small town, but not so sure of places open in the day, if looking for a bite to eat try Fat Raddish or the Riverhouse cafe, excellent Real Ale micropub, Just Ales, usually three local ales on always different and local farm ciders.
Cheers

Aqua Is the best Italian, couldn’t tell you the street it’s on like, I’ve only been here 14 year..real Italian pizza company is half decent, usually packed out With tourists though. Martinis is a bit overrated. Hot yoursel in the turtle bay if all else fails, cracking bait.

Frome or Froom was canny. The real ale pub was closed at the time we were there. We went there as my wife found out that her mam's side of the family originated from there many years ago so wanted to see it. By the way she caught her foot in that drain gully in cheat St which made me laugh even though I warned her about it. Had a canny afternoon in the Raven. Had the pie and went through the real ales and cider.
Tomorrow looks a shit day weatherwise so the pub beckons ok nice more.

Back