Places to eat in Bath

Head to The Green Tree, The Bell and The Star, all excellent old pubs who serve proper ale kept correctly, all in a five minute walking distance of eachother.
Avoid any beer by Wadworth, vile stuff, 3D, Finetune, Yeovil ales and Pitchfork brewery all produce excellent ales.
The Swordfish is superb. Everything else is just the usual.

Frome or Froom was canny. The real ale pub was closed at the time we were there. We went there as my wife found out that her mam's side of the family originated from there many years ago so wanted to see it. By the way she caught her foot in that drain gully in cheat St which made me laugh even though I warned her about it. Had a canny afternoon in the Raven. Had the pie and went through the real ales and cider.
Tomorrow looks a shit day weatherwise so the pub beckons ok nice more.

I swear when I was at uni there the bath chronicle ran a story with the headline ‘Frome gets internet’ this would have been 2004.

To be fair it was about broadband but still. Whatever you do don’t go to Twerton

Oh I also have to say, I love the city but it doesn't half have its share of fruit Loops and moon units. Witnessed a scrap today between two absolute fruits off their tits in the middle of the shopping centre just up from Southgate. All over spice apparently and no I don't mean posh
Did you make it to The Star or The Bell?
No mate. The best pint I had was in the craft beer place. Electric Bear brewery. Heading back tomorrow. Will come back. Really like the place and people

Last edited:
Oh I also have to say, I love the city but it doesn't half have its share of fruit Loops and moon units. Witnessed a scrap today between two absolute fruits off their tits in the middle of the shopping centre just up from Southgate. All over spice apparently and no I don't mean posh

No mate. The best pint I had was in the craft beer place. Electric Bear brewery. Heading back tomorrow. Will come back. Really like the place and people

Safe journey back..... I like it up north for the same reasons ! Send me a message next time you’re down.

Back