Places in the north east you'd never heard of

Status
Not open for further replies.

I once knew a lass from Cockfield whose brother was run down and killed in Sunderland either before or after a match about 10 year ago
I knew him well, lovely lad, my brother was in his year at primary school. Can't believe it was that long ago

I have to admit that anywhere south of The Railway/Board Inn, north of The Grange/Seaburn Hall and west of The Golden Lion/Shipwrights was on the moon as far as I was concerned when I lived up there.
Weird places that only entered my consciousness when reading the football echoes letters pages now reappear on here like ghosts from the past.

Before my trip back to the NE last year I was watching something on the BBC about St. Cuthbert and what happened to his bones. The program mentioned a place in the NE called St. Cuthbert's Cave and I wanted to visit it but ran out of time. A visit is on my list of things to do when am back in September and am looking forward to seeing the place and place a hand-made wooden cross myself.

Last year I asked a few people how far the cave is from Seaburn and not many seemed to have heard of the place. Looks nice and tranquil though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back