Places for a daytime beer in Durham

Bill's is just dreadful these days (used to be ok, not now), the food is lower quality than Wetherspoons.

The best pub food in Durham centre is The Bridge, under the viaduct.
Haven't been got a while but went one in convent garden on Saturday and it was class
Anyone been in the sausage company on north rd?
Did some work in there and wonder how hes getting on.
Only when I've had a skinfull

Plenty places up where the new Odeon is. Cosy club etc
As been said the Vic but also Colpitts which just up past railway arch

Plenty places up where the new Odeon is. Cosy club etc
As been said the Vic but also Colpitts which just up past railway arch
£5.50 for a pint there

It’s mad how working class people, the same people who complain they are skint, don’t get the rub of the green in life, have been acclimated to be happy paying nearly £6 for a pint of lager or £10 for a cocktail or £8 for a double gin & tonic.

Canny sitting outside Old Tom's with a view of the Cathedral, n ya can people watch the randoms crossing the bridge.

Sadly the ambience was ruined the last time we did this by a bunch of coked up fucktards that decided to convene on the next table.

£5.50 for a pint there

It’s mad how working class people, the same people who complain they are skint, don’t get the rub of the green in life, have been acclimated to be happy paying nearly £6 for a pint of lager or £10 for a cocktail or £8 for a double gin & tonic.
Yes it’s not cheap but for decent food and location it’s the norm unfortunately.
For just beer then as mentioned vic or colpitts

Big fan of The Shakespeare and Swan & Three Cygnets. Used to like the Head of Steam but had one of the worst pints ever in there a few months back, and it's pricey.

Market Tavern is decent too.

Big fan of The Shakespeare and Swan & Three Cygnets. Used to like the Head of Steam but had one of the worst pints ever in there a few months back, and it's pricey.

Market Tavern is decent too.
Love the Shakespeare and used to go in the Swan regular but I happened across a drug deal in the toilets a few years back. The dealer was a carpet carrying clown and he threatened to ‘do me’, all I did was go downstairs to the toilet. Put me off the place, was very tempted to lamp the guy and his customer but the Mrs was waiting upstairs. Shame as class pub and fab sit outside area.

In terms of bait, Treats cafe in Silver Street does for me, before a sesh. Love Durham, its due a visit. Victoria, Colpitts, Elm Tree, Swan and Three Cygnets, Station House my favourites, but on a nice day Half Moon Beer garden is a nice spot.

Back