Place ya bets please

If they can get testing ramped up, both antibody and antigen around Europe as well as certification I think August this year. Many european countries are heavily reliant on tourism and it would be catastrophic if they went through a whole summer season with nothing. Locking down too long will cause social and economic issues far worse than the virus itself.
Need to choose my words carefully here as I copped a ban last time, but do you think the government would rather accept a couple of hundred thousand deaths, or potentially damage the economy for years to come?

Do you really think it will? I reckon it will all be a distant memory by next year.
Even if we return to normality there is a hefty bill to pay already.

That’ll be paid back somehow and it will mean a lowering of living standards.

The same people who have bleated that the tories have destroyed the NHS then spunk thousands on fancy holidays.

Need to choose my words carefully here as I copped a ban last time, but do you think the government would rather accept a couple of hundred thousand deaths, or potentially damage the economy for years to come?
The vast majority of this population are going to get this in my opinion. Because you cannot shut up shop until a vaccine has been developed. Look at all the issues developing the antibody test. For all we know a vaccine could be years away, look at how long the Ebola vaccine took. Do you stop everything indefinitely ? All you can do is make capacity in the NHS to treat as many people as possible at a given time. This will enable you to remove some of the restrictions we are facing because the curve will not need to be as flat, so long as you have enough care beds when people get ill.

Last edited:
I’ve got flights to Florida booked end of July but not sure I fancy the Theme Parks this year now (although they might be a bit quieter). I’m hoping they get cancelled and I get a refund.

We've written this year off.

We normally go to the canaries in may and then somewhere further afar later on, this year we fancied Sri Lanka.

Looking at the information on the virus they reckon theres normally a resurgence after 6 months, so that looks like the back end of the year.

I'm just going to stick the money in a savings account and leave it there until it all works itself out.

Was meant to be in Paris this week which was a follow on from a cancelled week last year due to family bereavements (Dad, Step-mam, ma-in-law), all within 2 months. Daughter was to do a month on Eurorail June/July so that's gone out the window. Not sure when to book Paris again.

Already had a holiday cancelled - Airbnb was fine but got no refund on the flights, only an exchange so rebooked for Santander end of July, can't see that happening so will no doubt be forced to exchange for new flights again.

Back