Pizza's and pies must shrink to meet calorie cap

Not going to happen. The OP is as misleading as the headline on the Daily Fail article it quotes.

1. It's an advisory committee not a law.
2. People share pizzas, so if this became law it would only succeed in making people spend more money and ending up wasting more pizza that doesn't get eaten.
3. The article even says "However, if the strict calorie cap is rolled out, it could mean that manufacturers are forced to pay a levy - similar to the sugar tax introduced in April" so it wouldn't even be a ban, it would just mean big pizzas would cost more than they do currently.

People share pizzas???

No chance in our house.

People share pizzas???

No chance in our house.

Some families might get for example, a single huge pizza between three people - half for the dad, almost half for the mum, a single slice for the child.

Or other variations.

There's people like myself who might buy a large pizza and only eat half today and have the rest microwaved the next day.

They can't just say "no making pizzas with more calories than this", it would be ridiculous.

The way to tackle obesity is to tax the obese directly.

Make everyone have weigh-ins at their GP's surgery periodically: say, every 6 months if found to not be obese, or every month if they are obese. If they're obese they get taxed by each stone overweight they are for their height (with the doctor taking into account musculature).

Fuck this tax on foods nonsense.

Make everyone have weigh-ins at their GP's surgery periodically: say, every 6 months if found to not be obese, or every month if they are obese. If they're obese they get taxed by each stone overweight they are for their height (with the doctor taking into account musculature).

Muscle weighs more than fat. How do you counteract that?

Some families might get for example, a single huge pizza between three people - half for the dad, almost half for the mum, a single slice for the child.

Or other variations.

There's people like myself who might buy a large pizza and only eat half today and have the rest microwaved the next day.

They can't just say "no making pizzas with more calories than this", it would be ridiculous.
Just buy two man. It's simple.

I don't think it's a cap, this take on it is misleading. It's more a recommendation than an absolute legal limit. Still, I cannot say I am happy by the rapid advance of the nanny state.

I get your frustration, but force everyone to go to be weighed? That sounds like a full roll out of a fascist, nanny state!
If people are claiming disability benefits due to their weight, then obviously weighing them is already a requirement of diagnosis. You can’t just make a law in a supposedly free country mandating the entire population get weighed periodically, and what do you propose the penalty should be for those who refuse? Fines? Prison? The camps?

Back