Pizza (inc. Rat)

About 25 years ago as kids we used to go and collect money from the gadgie who owned it/ worked there every friday.
He had paid a lesbian to marry her to get into the country and her gfs daughter would go collect the payment

I was a regular in sixth form in 2000. I think it was an 8 inch pizza and chips for £1.50. Lifting like.

It's the junkie zone of Ashbrooke like. Not far from the Elms west which is absolutely grim.
Ashbrooke is almost entirely amazing houses that are dropping to bits and inhabited by students and dossers, with the occasional posh person still gamely struggling on and refusing to leave.

I'm sure when there once we saw all the sacks of tatties being stored in what looked like an old coal shed. Must have been an easy source of bait for the rodents
aye next one up towards Stockton road. it was full of smack rats 20 years ago, god knows what its like now
I used to walk through it sometimes on the way to and from school. Often seemed the best option compared to some of the sites in azelia terrace

Last edited:
About 25 years ago as kids we used to go and collect money from the gadgie who owned it/ worked there every friday.
He had paid a lesbian to marry her to get into the country and her gfs daughter would go collect the payment
Your ma would do anything for a 10” and chips.

Ashbrooke is almost entirely amazing houses that are dropping to bits and inhabited by students and dossers, with the occasional posh person still gamely struggling on and refusing to leave.

Aye. Its a shame as there are some properties that could be lovely but not many people could afford to buy/maintain them.
The Elms went downhill when I moved out in 2003

I think it was 2003 when I visited, was like a scene from trainspotting. Lifting.

Last edited:
Aye. Its a shame as there are some properties that could be lovely but not many people could afford to buy/maintain them.

I think it was 2003 when I visited, was like a scene from trainspotting. Lifting.
Imagine what you could do if you could pick up the whole area, drop it somewhere desirable and spend a few hundred million doing it up. You’d make your money back tenfold.

sadly I can only see it getting worse marra. The youth want a new build with a drive and garden.

Back