Pitches you have been on

Only Celtic I think, for a concert. Too embarrassed to say who it was.

Played at Histon roundabout the time the club was almost promoted to the football league, but they were never professional (and now never wil be).
roker park
notts forest end of season when they had got promoted
swindon
blackpool
notts co
tranmere
juventus- beat parma 4-0 and won league at stadio d'alpi, basically free for all at full time, got into managers dug outs

The Nottingham Forest fans get a bit prickly when people call it that.
Only Celtic I think, for a concert. Too embarrassed to say who it was.

Played at Histon roundabout the time the club was almost promoted to the football league, but they were never professional (and now never wil be).

Rading that back I don't mean I played footy actually on the roundabout in Histon, in rush hour.

Last edited:

Headingley
Lords
Oval
Taunton
MCG
SCG
Elland Road
Filbert Street
Roker Park
Gillingham's place
Port Vale's place - that was a party and a half
Murrayfield
Gateshead Stadium

Last edited:
Fulham away about 75-76,got to the halfway line as the teams came out before we were caught and ejected,Preston away think it was the same season when hundreds ran across to get on the home end.Wrexham York Tranmere Mansfield Swindon Notts County and Douglas Bowl Isle of Man.

Darlington in pre-season about 10 year ago. Was my son's first game, a test run to see if he was ready for the SOL and got talking to the groundsman in bar so he took us on pitch before kickoff.

Shortly after we were at St James for the Olympics , Brazil Vs Honduras and bizarrely ended up on pitch again before kickoff. Police took us on, never understood why, think it was part of a friendly initiative.

Bury when we got promoted.

I'll include Barrow now they are promoted as my same son played their for Workington.

The one and only Roker Park.
The one and only Roker Park after tbe Oldham match when we got beat i think.
On the 310 or 319 on the way home, someone had a radio and the top deck was jumping when we found out it was them up the road for the semis.

Last edited:
Sincil Bank, scored the equalizer in a 3-3 draw for Watford Vice Presidents v Lincoln City VP’s was a minute to go and a perfect chip from the left side of the penalty area. The ball sailed in, was 30 odd years ago I remember it like it was yesterday

SOL, worked for NCJ media at the time and we sponsored the match. I was in the centre circle for the coin toss (captains were George McCartney and Kevin Muscat).

Also been on the Gabba pitch in Brisbane after a Brisbane Lions AFL match.....over there they let everyone on at the end for the kids to have a kick around.

Played at Victoria Park, Kenilworth Road, Sports Direct Arena and various non league grounds. Went on SOL tour 20 years or so ago, so presume I stepped on the hallowed turf then but can’t remember.

Stadium of light, when they were building it was pissed and managed to walk in one night and sat on the centre circle 🤣
Baseball ground - transfered from home end (edge of pitch)
Carrow road- transfered from standing to seats
Bury away promotion when we scored
Tranmere when we went up
Notts forest last game of season
Crystal palace playoff when they were giving it the biggun threatening the disabled supporters at the front

Stadium of Light on boxing day. Was pissed, they said they needed another volunteer for the half time challenge, I replied for a laugh not expecting to be chosen. I'm a fat fucker, and being pissed didn't help. My jeans kept trying to fall down, my mate was virtually jogging and still keeping up with me. I decided if I couldn't beat him in a race I wouldn't score, so I might as well cattermole him when we got on the pitch. I tried. I missed. He then had an open goal and hit the post (I think he then scored afterwards but fuck me). Not our proudest moment, but glad I did it

I’ve played on Hartlepool, Leeds, York, Huddersfield, coventrys old ground highfield road, Leicester’s filbert street, Boro’s riverside, notts forest, Wimbledon’s plough lane, and I’ve ran on as a fan of Sunderland, Barnsley’s, tranmere and Swindon, probably more that I can’t remember

RP against Chelsea 1992
Bradford when Brady was playing
Swindon when we went to play offs
Notts county when we stayed up
QPR when Quinn scored
SOL opening of Stadium when beat Man city
Im sure there are others

Excluding concerts I've been on the following pitches.

Newcastle (loads of times during end of season pitch invasions)
Huddersfield 83/84 promotion)
Wolves (can't remember year, but last game of season)
Forest
Leicester
Man Utd (got beat 5-0 and thrown out just before half time. Went and paid back in via the Stretford End because the copper told us to get away from the ground or be arrested. Got in the Stretford, made my way to the front, got sussed with about a dozen other Newcastle and pulled out to safety. Walking past the tunnel in the corner and Gary Bailey ran into me as they came sprinting out for the second half. Went flying on to the pitch as a result and landed on my arse)

Back