pints in pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HANDSOME_DAN

Midfield
was in spoons yesterday, bloke standing a couple of feet away from me had a pint handed to him by the barman and he started kicking off about the size of the head on his pint. it was cringeworthy behaviour because the head was only about 1cm deep and the pint probably cost about 5p anyway. the barman then says its illegal to fill the glass right to the top and there has to be a head on it. who was in the right?

was in spoons yesterday, bloke standing a couple of feet away from me had a pint handed to him by the barman and he started kicking off about the size of the head on his pint. it was cringeworthy behaviour because the head was only about 1cm deep and the pint probably cost about 5p anyway. the barman then says its illegal to fill the glass right to the top and there has to be a head on it. who was in the right?
Should be a mark on the glass

isn't the ale in there so cheap you could just buy another pint - stick a tiny bit in yr original pint to satisify whatever ridiculous point youre making and hoi the rest down the bog?

The legal position is that a fair and reasonable head is allowed. 1cm would certainly qualify.

It definitely isn't illegal to serve what is known as a flat pint though. Barman talking rubbish.

Most pubs have a policy to top up any pint if the customer asks.

The legal position is that a fair and reasonable head is allowed. 1cm would certainly qualify.

It definitely isn't illegal to serve what is known as a flat pint though. Barman talking rubbish.

Most pubs have a policy to top up any pint if the customer asks.

thats what i was thinking, despite him being a knacker he was sort of right.

Was it the one opposite the museum ?all the Gadgies in there smoke Rollies and wear Denim jackets .

Think Frank Worthington now .

Don't they make some glasses bigger to accommodate a head anyway?
When I was a barman proper pint glasses were a bit bigger to accommodate a pint plus head.

We had a few slightly shorter glasses for cider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back