Pig ignorant

what a load of bollocks

and the pigs would have been sent off to an abbatoir.. and I would have been all for a school trip if they wanted to the abbatoir.

see the reality of where meat comes from, from rearing to plate
Should they also see the reality of child abuse by having some paedos in the pen? How about the reality of homosexuality by having Boy George bugger Marc Almond in the PE yard?

They're all realities of life.

Should they also see the reality of child abuse by having some paedos in the pen? How about the reality of homosexuality by having Boy George bugger Marc Almond in the PE yard?

They're all realities of life.

The vast majority of people in the UK do not choose to be paedos or abused by paedos, and it is illegal, so providing this an engaging, educational activity would probably be a poor choice.

And if you're going to send the animals somewhere else for "processing" anyway, then why not just buy pork chops from the grocer in the first place? Why shove butchery down the kid's throats if you're not even doing it?

Its funny how vegans want people to respect their choice not to eat meat but don't respect the fact that other people want to eat meat

They see it as a moral issue. Their view is 200 years ago people had the right to have humans as slaves and that now we are in the same position with animals i.e. eating meat is an immoral choice.

When you listen to the morals behind it, spoken by someone passionate and articulate it is very difficult to disagree with their opinions on how badly we treat animals...that lasts for about 10 minutes until you're hungry and a bacon sandwich is on the cards

Good idea. I’m off to fix a one now. :D

The vast majority of people in the UK do not choose to be paedos or abused by paedos, and it is illegal, so providing this an engaging, educational activity would probably be a poor choice.
But they're still realities of life. The argument that kids should be able to see pigs being raised, butchered and eaten (by themselves) because it's a reality of life, has just as much validity as me claiming the right for them to see to see me and my mates bugger and eat Keith Chegwin.

Last edited:
Pigs are super-efficient food producers. In the war people were encouraged to get together with their neighbours to keep a pig, and when it was slaughtered the government got half and those who’d raised it got half. They got fed on scraps and slops.

Go back even further, and as this excellent book makes clear (https://www.amazon.com/Food-England-complete-guide-makes/dp/0749942150), keeping a pig was vital for families- slaughtering it in autumn meant they had food during the winter.

Fascinating creature the pig.

I once bought a fat lamb which had been a pet from a Turkish Family in Sweden because the bairns would have been upset if they killed it and ate it themselves.
Suffice to say they were still pretty darned upset as they watched me drive away with the lamb in full view standing on the back seat of my car.

But they're still realities of life. The argument that kids should be able to see pigs being raised, butchered and eaten (by themselves) because it's a reality of life, has just as much validity as me claiming the right for them to see to see me and my mates bugger and eat Keith Chegwin.

being a crap WUM

Pigs are super-efficient food producers. In the war people were encouraged to get together with their neighbours to keep a pig, and when it was slaughtered the government got half and those who’d raised it got half. They got fed on scraps and slops.

Go back even further, and as this excellent book makes clear (https://www.amazon.com/Food-England-complete-guide-makes/dp/0749942150), keeping a pig was vital for families- slaughtering it in autumn meant they had food during the winter.

Fascinating creature the pig.

of all the animals probably the most economical.. very little waste.. from trotter to snout...

my dogs love a pigs ear to chew on

I once bought a fat lamb which had been a pet from a Turkish Family in Sweden because the bairns would have been upset if they killed it and ate it themselves.
Suffice to say they were still pretty darned upset as they watched me drive away with the lamb in full view standing on the back seat of my car.
I once bought a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from a pet shop, and gave it a loving life for 12 years.

Kids should always be able to see what they're eating.

Back