Picnic at hanging rock..

Both the 1975 film and the book on which it was based depict entirely fictional events, but they are presented as if they are really happened.

In essence, as I remember the story, there is an outing from a school to a picnic at Hanging Rock. Some lasses and their teacher disappear and they are never found. Very mysterious.

If this was true it would be intriguing. As a fictional story, in my view it's rubbish. I think it's one of the worst films I've ever seen, and it's made worse by it suggesting (or even explicitly saying) that it was a true story.

By doing this, it gets you thinking, "wow, that was amazing - I wonder what really happened?"

A total fraud in my opinion.

Both the 1975 film and the book on which it was based depict entirely fictional events, but they are presented as if they are really happened.

In essence, as I remember the story, there is an outing from a school to a picnic at Hanging Rock. Some lasses and their teacher disappear and they are never found. Very mysterious.

If this was true it would be intriguing. As a fictional story, in my view it's rubbish. I think it's one of the worst films I've ever seen, and it's made worse by it suggesting (or even explicitly saying) that it was a true story.

By doing this, it gets you thinking, "wow, that was amazing - I wonder what really happened?"

A total fraud in my opinion.
It didn't do the film Fargo any harm by suggesting at the beginning that events were true and happened in 1987 in Minnesota. They didn't. But I still enjoyed the film.

Back