Pick up Trucks

I’ve got a L200 barbarian 2015. It’s like a very nice car to drive but unless you need a “work “ vehicle then get a car.
25mpg, commercial insurance, too big for most car parks, too long to park on streets and tight navigating some towns but it pulls like a train if you tow anything and great seating position being high up but you will also need nobbly tyres if you go off road as they arnt very good as they are 1.8 tonnes and sink

Last edited:
mates got an L200 double cab and its suprisingly ok

its a bit bouncy...and if you have nowt in the back its a bit tail happy..its not what you would call a refined drive

but it gets us round the logging trails in kielder with no problems towing a trailer

Last edited:
Depending on how badly you want a Silverado, and how much money you have to piss up the wall, you could buy a LHD one in Australia and get it shipped over at great expense.

I thought one would always be handy for tip runs, 'till I noticed that they're mot allowed in there.

I had an F150 in the US for a fortnight and it was class, wouldn't fancy a pick up here because of fuel prices and restrictions for parking and tip runs.

We run a Mitsubishi L200 for site work at this company.

No problems with it, lad who mainly uses it thinks it's good and £290ish plus VAT on lease.

The Fiat Fullback is a rebadged L200

Just back from Canada where I spent the 2 weeks driving a Chevrolet Silverado and have completely fallen in love with the idea of a pick up
Looking into what you can get in the UK and the Ford Ranger and Toyotal Hilux look like viable (albeit smaller) options.
Does anyone on here have one? Any recommendations?
Ranger. End of thread.

Had a Nissan navara in Malaysia for 1.5 years, loved it, the turbo version, well quick enough for the roads there in Sarawak. Would have one back in the uk if I lived there.

Back