Picard

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!

I didn't know what the term "woke" meant, but I do now. This show is absolute shit. There have been strong female actresses throughout Star Trek and Star Wars but oh no! That's not enough. Now in this shit offensive show. 75% of the scenes only feature females!
The main character, soji - female
the science bird, rafi, the head of starfleet, all the other senior starfleet..female. Hue crying at the hands of the nasty female...it's pathetic! Disney is pathetic!
and that's just the actors.
The story is utter shite!
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!
Show Looks beautiful though, excellent graphics

7 episodes before Picard meets the android. Ine between all that. The android is in love with a romulan within two weeks! haha fuck off!
Really handy how they ascaped the borg ship and ended up at Rikers place haha fuck off!

😆😁
Do you feel better after getting all that off your chest there?

Episode eight was absolutely all over the place. Atrocious. And Jurati, she has to be one of the worst characters ever penned.

Season one review - some wonderful individual moments, but be prepared to weather a howling tsunami of stupidity to see them. Breaking canon for the sake of it is so unnecessary.

I have no intention of ever rewatching, which has been the set bar for Star Trek.

It really is a load of shite and I'm a trekie
I'll watch to the end of season one but that's it. I had my reservations about this based on other stuff released on these platforms and they've slowly been proved correct. Jurati has to be the worst character ever penned.

I'll watch to the end of season one but that's it. I had my reservations about this based on other stuff released on these platforms and they've slowly been proved correct. Jurati has to be the worst character ever penned.
I'm an ep and a half from the latest episode and cannot bear it any more, that's me done.

Started watching How the Universe Works instead, seen a few good episodes about Aliens, Time Travel and the Size of The Universe. Some of the best things about Star Trek really. The CGI is top notch and I'm about to watch the episode about an asteroid hitting Earth :cool:

Please please please don't fuck this one up.
I think they did fuck it up I've lost interest and stopped watching it weeks ago. Other than watching bits of it and giving up part way through that is.
I was never a big fan of Next Gen I found the first two episodes with that terrible character Q disappointing. The early series still had that sixties seventies look and feel which was a trademark of Roddenberry. It improved later but I never got into it like I did the original series and then later Voyager.
Picard has never taken off to keep me watching. I watched it because Seven was in it but even her roll was poor. Maybe I expected too much but it wasn't for me.

Last edited:
To me this doesn’t have the re-watchability of other Trek series, like Discovery, which I will quite happy sit down and watch again. I love Star Trek and am a die hard Trekkie but to me this doesn’t grab me, I actually forgot to watch it last Friday until a few days later.

To me this doesn’t have the re-watchability of other Trek series, like Discovery, which I will quite happy sit down and watch again. I love Star Trek and am a die hard Trekkie but to me this doesn’t grab me, I actually forgot to watch it last Friday until a few days later.
That comes from it being a single story arc compared to just individual eps I think.

I gave up with Discovery as well. I kind of forced myself to watch the first series but I found it full of annoying and irritating characters. Second series I've seen two episodes and after that just watched part episodes.
It was the same with lost in space I wanted to like it. I loved the original TV series, probably as a kid my all time favourite show. I even liked the, starring Joey off Friends, film that they made. But the new Netflix series I thought were poor with the odd ok bits
I don't know what it is but they seem to make poor TV these days. Good special effects with crap storylines.

Just watched the first episode. Wow! What a beautifully made first episode, settings and acting were just top notch. Quite nostalgic too seeing Picard again after so long.

My first reaction on seeing Dahj that she might have been Data’s daughter Lal. Maddox from TNG episode “The Measure Of. A Man” is spoken about, so wonder if we will see him. I wonder if the militarisation aspect h)need at, is the start of the fall of the Federation that we will see in Discovery series 3
just watched that episode lock down and all that
Came on here to say just that. I think the story is a bit too 'modern' as well if that makes sense? The future seems more like the current present than the NG episodes ever did. Too much disrespect towards Picard as well. JL, man... 🙄

Been enough movies, etc. I'd rather they didn't overkill like they do with Marvel and Star Wars personally.
I'm not sure. Watching sng and a lot of it is about what makes you human . Data , Q even. Christ (i use the word advisedly) and even wesley. I think the series takes those themes

Last edited:
Decent final episode, overall series dipped a bit during the middle but picked up at the end there. Looks like those robotic arms coming through the wormhole were the same ones that appeared in Discovery.

I love Star Trek and Picard was ok but it didn’t really grab me. The story could really have been any sci fi series, it just seemed like they shoehorned it into the Star Trek universe.

Back