Picard

2nd episode watched / don't read on if you don't want mild spoilers. It was even more boring than the first episode and it looks like its going to take the whole season just to develop the plot.
I would think that with the 3rd episode things will start moving along a bit, most of the backstory/ character explanations have been covered in the first 2, I hope!

I would think that with the 3rd episode things will start moving along a bit, most of the backstory/ character explanations have been covered in the first 2, I hope!
The pilot tv podcast were saying the first three should’ve been shown together as they’re the setup episodes.

Nope, just watched it and the 3rd episode is just as crap as the first 2. The theme tune is terrible anarl.

Nope, just watched it and the 3rd episode is just as crap as the first 2. The theme tune is terrible anarl.
Someone earlier in the thread said the first three were the setup. It ties in with the episode title ‘The end is the beginning’. Having watched it things should start moving along from the next episode.
I’m not a fan of the theme tune either mind!

I like it but whats with the swearing like?
Unnecessary I think
Came on here to say just that. I think the story is a bit too 'modern' as well if that makes sense? The future seems more like the current present than the NG episodes ever did. Too much disrespect towards Picard as well. JL, man... 🙄
The Trekkies must have been feeling very left out for the past few years with all the Star Wars and Marvel stuff being knocked out.

Good for them.
Been enough movies, etc. I'd rather they didn't overkill like they do with Marvel and Star Wars personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Came on here to say just that. I think the story is a bit too 'modern' as well if that makes sense? The future seems more like the current present than the NG episodes ever did. Too much disrespect towards Picard as well. JL, man... 🙄

Been enough movies, etc. I'd rather they didn't overkill like they do with Marvel and Star Wars personally.
He’s being treated like some senile old fart.
Picard is a Starfleet legend and should be treated as one

You not like them calling him JL, LT? 🤣

Episode 4 watched: don't read on if you don't want mild spoilers, the first half of the episode almost got switched off but the second half specifically the last quarter was brilliant, the new character with the sword is outstanding, and the ending once again keeps me going back for more. More swearing but its quite a treat really.

I’ve been reading this...

Prequel of sorts, explains the start of the relationship Picard has with the two romulans that help Picard on his vineyard, and Raffi - who called him “JL” when she was his first officer, simply because it irritated him.

Canny episode. I am sure the die-hard Trekkies will be up in arms over the death of Icheb, surviving everything the Borg and the delta quadrant chucked at him, only to be killed by his “mother” (at his request).

I think it’s very poor. The script is awful and the plot is so bloody slow.
The characters are badly written, and it’s way too serialised.
the Orville blows it out of the water as a Star Trek show. This just seems like a middle of the road modern streaming series. I’ve tried to keep with it but after the latest one, I’m done.

Well that episode was shit and brilliant in parts. I completely agree with the poster above but I'll still be watching it.

Will watch tonight but so far my emotions have been to be giddy as anything after Episode 1 then feeling that it's actually utter shite after the rest.

Back