Picard

They should do one called Kirk.

First episode of Pickard I thought was slow and seeing him hide while the young lass beat up the baddies was a bit odd. I'll keep watching though. I didn't like the first episode of Voyager but Voyager became my favourite trek of the whole lot. So first impressions don't always last.

2nd episode watched / don't read on if you don't want mild spoilers. It was even more boring than the first episode and it looks like its going to take the whole season just to develop the plot.

Found out a couple weeks back that my 73 year old Mam liked watching Next Gen. Apparently Picard was her favourite Star Trek captain. So I put Picard on for her to watch, she quite enjoyed it. Although one remark she made left me struggling for words...

”You know, he is looking more like Alan Shearer as he gets older.....”

Well, that’s my enjoyment already spoilt after just one episode :confused:

2nd episode watched / don't read on if you don't want mild spoilers. It was even more boring than the first episode and it looks like its going to take the whole season just to develop the plot.
Good!
I'm a bit annoyed its only 1080p SRD though, what do they think this is, 2018?

Last edited:
Found out a couple weeks back that my 73 year old Mam liked watching Next Gen. Apparently Picard was her favourite Star Trek captain. So I put Picard on for her to watch, she quite enjoyed it. Although one remark she made left me struggling for words...

”You know, he is looking more like Alan Shearer as he gets older.....”

Well, that’s my enjoyment already spoilt after just one episode :confused:

Logon or register to see this image

The Trekkies must have been feeling very left out for the past few years with all the Star Wars and Marvel stuff being knocked out.

Good for them.

The Trekkies must have been feeling very left out for the past few years with all the Star Wars and Marvel stuff being knocked out.

Good for them.
Discovery has been on - 2 full seasons plus off-season shorts, and there's been 3 Star Trek films in recent years

Back