Picard

I'm not sure of the significance of that but it's amazing what you don't notice watching a show.:)

I used to notice it all the time, very weird. Used to think he might be suffering from a severe case ofthe ‘roids.

About as irritating as standing with his leg on the ops/helm stations, crotch in poor crew member’s face....

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Yes but B5 was awful until the serialisation of the story in the coming of the shadows. Suddenly star trek developed long term series goals, the dominion appeared in DS9 and voyager was born.

B5 had a 5-year story arc written before they even started filming the first episode. The early episodes are just to get you to know the characters. :)

(Unfortunately they thought they were cancelled after 4 seasons so they crammed the plot of season 5 into the season 4 finale, then got renewed and had to write a whole new season 5 :lol: Bloody TV execs. :evil: )

P.S. Awful? :evil: It's class, man. One of the best shows ever!

Last edited:
B5 had a 5-year story arc written before they even started filming the first episode. The early episodes are just to get you to know the characters. :)

(Unfortunately they thought they were cancelled after 4 seasons so they crammed the plot of season 5 into the season 4 finale, then got renewed and had to write a whole new season 5 :lol: Bloody TV execs. :evil: )

The weird thing about B5 is that WB have no intention of doing anything further with it, fans keep asking JMS on twitter if he ever thought of going back to expand on the B5 universe, but keeps getting blocked by the studio who hold rights(?) to the episodes...

I've heard this argument about it being planned before. Imho in season 1 it was an incoherent mess with (some exceptions) poor characterisation and without any plans at all. They rarely left the station and their mission seemed to be to enforce American values on the universe. The game changer, as I said, was season 2, which ds9 and voyager then copied with mixed results. Enterprise tried the original format. Panicked and then tried a grand strategy approach, relying on the lubeing up of Vulcan ladies to pull viewers.

It's been a while since I've had a good b5 debate like.

I've heard this argument about it being planned before. Imho in season 1 it was an incoherent mess with (some exceptions) poor characterisation and without any plans at all. They rarely left the station and their mission seemed to be to enforce American values on the universe. The game changer, as I said, was season 2, which ds9 and voyager then copied with mixed results. Enterprise tried the original format. Panicked and then tried a grand strategy approach, relying on the lubeing up of Vulcan ladies to pull viewers.

It's been a while since I've had a good b5 debate like.

It's a show about the station, named after the station. Of course they barely left it. :lol: ;)

You also meet the inhabitants of the planet next to the station, including Zathras!

In episode 6, a surveyor goes to Sigma 957 where you first get introduced to the concept of The Old Ones (specifically the Walkers) who end up helping in the war against the Shadows.

In episode 13 you first meet Mr. Morden, the human agent of the Shadows.

And then towards the end you have the amazing Babylon Squared episode where Babylon 4 reappears ( "Not the one." ;) ), and the beginning of the Narn-Centauri war.

Loads of teasers of the plot to come. Hence the name of the season: "Signs And Portents". :D

Jonathon Frakes has a long standing back injury that is the reason why he sits down the way he does because it is less painful.
It also explains the Riker Lean Posture when he had to stand for long periods. Filming the same scene might take several attempts so can’t blame him on doing whatever minimises pressure on his back.

Jonathon Frakes has a long standing back injury that is the reason why he sits down the way he does because it is less painful.
It also explains the Riker Lean Posture when he had to stand for long periods. Filming the same scene might take several attempts so can’t blame him on doing whatever minimises pressure on his back.
that pose cant be comfortable for a long period of time for anyone let alone someone with a back injury.

Isn't Patrick Stewart 300 years old now ?
It's a show about the station, named after the station. Of course they barely left it. :lol: ;)

You also meet the inhabitants of the planet next to the station, including Zathras!

In episode 6, a surveyor goes to Sigma 957 where you first get introduced to the concept of The Old Ones (specifically the Walkers) who end up helping in the war against the Shadows.

And then towards the end you have the amazing Babylon Squared episode where Babylon 4 reappears ( "Not the one." ;) ), and the beginning of the Narn-Centauri war.

Loads of teasers of the plot to come. Hence the name of the season: "Signs And Portents". :D

Sounds like a load of crap.

Last edited:

f***ing hell how to sound like a virgin. I like some Sci find but bloody hell man :oops: :eek::lol:

Last edited:

Back