Photos inspired by the Monthly Competition January - May

Status
Not open for further replies.

taipeisafc

Striker
I was on another forum and they also have a monthly competition is the same vein as the one on here where the photo has to be taken in the month designated, however in addition to this they have a non-competitive 'gallery' section where posters can put up their best photo on that theme irrespective of when it was taken - anyone else feel this might be a good idea for this board? It allows people who didn't get a chance to take a photo or a good photo in the month of the competition to exhibit their wares so to speak.

Re: Monthly Competition

I'm having enough difficulty posting ONE picture on the theme.
:-D

There are a few shots in my collection that would work though so pleases feel free to start the thread......

My personal collection so far this month is here on flickr.

If I don't get anything better, one will probably be cropped to form my entry!

My thoughts so far are here. Very average, but I'm having great fun e.g. playing around with the shadows on our back wall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks. I am definitely trying to think about it a bit more than last month, taking on board a few tips that have been said on here.

My thoughts so far are here. Very average, but I'm having great fun e.g. playing around with the shadows on our back wall.

Janie - really like the theme with the one with the roof (at least i think it is a roof :lol:)

Re: Photos inspired by the Monthly Competition

I'll post some of my rejects on this thread I think:

Planetary Motion:

Logon or register to see this image

No household should be without a disco ball of course.

:oops:

Love it (hope you are a C&C kind of person) - but would prefer not a flat bottom, but seriously, I do like pictures like that.

I'm very definitely a C&C person.

Your user name betrays your thoughts on flat bottoms non?

I wanted it to be round but there's very little light at the bottom of a disco ball when shot from this angle and I had to make sure the background was dark as I didn't want everyone critiquing my kitchen.

It just didn't quite work for me so that's why I rejected it. I've taken over 300 shots of what I hope is my final entry and still haven't got one as I'd like, but I really need 3 hands to shoot it, or 4 if I shoot handheld.

I'm very definitely a C&C person.

Your user name betrays your thoughts on flat bottoms non?

I wanted it to be round but there's very little light at the bottom of a disco ball when shot from this angle and I had to make sure the background was dark as I didn't want everyone critiquing my kitchen.

It just didn't quite work for me so that's why I rejected it. I've taken over 300 shots of what I hope is my final entry and still haven't got one as I'd like, but I really need 3 hands to shoot it, or 4 if I shoot handheld.
hello,

I enjoy your posts/pictures, I have taken over 60 posts over two days so far, but am far off the level already posted this month, so will probably just smile and enjoy the other photos and wait for the June competition. I understand your not wanting your kitchen in the photo........... it's so hard, but fun anyway isn't it?

I'll hold my hands up and was about to ask which planet is it and how the hell did you take the pic :oops::oops:

I am frightened to enter this month, the entries so far have all be stunning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back