Photo Scanning Software

O Wise SMB any recomendation.
Depends on what you are after and what platform you are on I guess.

I personally use “tiny scanner” with me being on iPhone. I take a photo of any piece of paper/document/picture and it flattens it. The default behaviour is to put it in black and white/hybrid for paperwork, but you can set it to its original colour. It cost me a couple of quid but I use it all the time and it’s good.

‎Scanner App: Scan PDF Document

Depends on what you are after and what platform you are on I guess.

I personally use “tiny scanner” with me being on iPhone. I take a photo of any piece of paper/document/picture and it flattens it. The default behaviour is to put it in black and white/hybrid for paperwork, but you can set it to its original colour. It cost me a couple of quid but I use it all the time and it’s good.

‎Scanner App: Scan PDF Document
Ta I was thinking about PC or Mac. Using a flatbed scanner is better than my Iphone due to arthritic hands.

I use Photomyne, but that Ipad and iPhone.

What scanner do you have? Flatbed scanners have their own software. When I used a flatbed I'd import it using the native software then process with a photo processing program such as gonk

Got an Epson V800 flatbed. It came with a free subscription to Silverfast(?) or something which was really overcomplicated. I just scan direct from the Epson software in either JPEG or TIFF then touch up later with Lightroom.

Issue with scanning negs/positives is dust/hair etc. Almost impossible to get a really clean image.

Last edited:

Back