Photo Printers

League Wan

Midfield
Anyone print their own photos and/or make any cash from it? looking at A3 and A2 ones and there's a huge range. Would pay for quality so what about this ?

12 separate inks @£50 each could prove costly

Anyone print their own photos and/or make any cash from it? looking at A3 and A2 ones and there's a huge range. Would pay for quality so what about this ?

I had something similar and it cost a fortune to run. As Roger says, it's not worth it (unless you sell hundreds of pictures). If I were you I wouldn't bother.

Proper paper isn't cheap either.

It will almost certainly be cheaper and probably better to get them printed by a photo lab. Just ensure your monitor is calibrated so you get the results you expect.
Thanks, I knew it would cost a fortune just to print my own odd prints but thought about counter balancing this by selling prints to pay for it
I had something similar and it cost a fortune to run. As Roger says, it's not worth it (unless you sell hundreds of pictures). If I were you I wouldn't bother.
Cheers, just got some back from the net for about £20 and that was a couple of 12x10, 12x8 and a few 6x4. Would have liked to do my own A2 and sell them but it's a big ask, wonder how many prints a £500 set of inks does 🤣

Last edited:
Thanks, I knew it would cost a fortune just to print my own odd prints but thought about counter balancing this by selling prints to pay for it

Cheers, just got some back from the net for about £20 and that was a couple of 12x10, 12x8 and a few 6x4. Would have liked to do my own A2 and sell them but it's a big ask, wonder how many prints a £500 set of inks does 🤣
I sold about 5. My ex Mrs has them framed.
This chap used to be a regular poster on here. If you're thinking of selling prints you might want to get in touch for advice

Last edited:

I used the Eco Tank 7750 and recently upgraded to the Eco Tank 8550 both highly recommended.

Anyone got a recommendation for a home printer (so with wifi/bluetooth ideally too) that has excellent quality for printing photos up to A4 but also works as a decent general purpose printer? I don't mind spending a bit of money to get something decent, obviously need to avoid excessive costs for ink too. I've always gone with cheapo ones so far and while the quality can be ok I know I can do a lot better, without getting into the realms of pro quality.

It'd probably be better to open a shop on Etsy and link it to a print on demand service at a proper printers or put your prints on a site and when people put an order in, send them off to a professional photo printing place, you get them back and send off to the customer

Anyone got a recommendation for a home printer (so with wifi/bluetooth ideally too) that has excellent quality for printing photos up to A4 but also works as a decent general purpose printer? I don't mind spending a bit of money to get something decent, obviously need to avoid excessive costs for ink too. I've always gone with cheapo ones so far and while the quality can be ok I know I can do a lot better, without getting into the realms of pro quality.
i use Epson Eco Tank 8850 top quality

Can I ask which sites are there to send prints to, to get them printed?
TIA

Hiya Folks! GREAT win against Leeds! (Kudos!!!) I don't have a printer that would produce good quality images (Canon TS 5360A general printer/scanner) so don't feel qualified to contribute to a discussion on the topic......HOWEVER.. (there's always a "however" :lol::lol:) I've been experiencing some issues when printing at Officeworks here in Melbourne and I'm wondering if I can be a wee bit hardfaced and pick your brains?? What I'm finding is that when using the self-serve "kiosk-console-thingy" my images have white areas at the edges, particularly when trying to get an 8X10 or A4. My pals at the photography group say that I can adjust the "aspect ratio" in-camera and set it up for images that will successfully print out at these sizes..... my only trouble being that I'm something of a "late starter" with digital photography...and at times people of my age find "too many options" a challenge! I have Canon EOS 100D and Canon EOS 70D

LOOK! if this is wildly off-topic, then I shall attempt to compose another post along these lines! Thanks for your time gang!

Dave P :)

Hiya Folks! GREAT win against Leeds! (Kudos!!!) I don't have a printer that would produce good quality images (Canon TS 5360A general printer/scanner) so don't feel qualified to contribute to a discussion on the topic......HOWEVER.. (there's always a "however" :lol::lol:) I've been experiencing some issues when printing at Officeworks here in Melbourne and I'm wondering if I can be a wee bit hardfaced and pick your brains?? What I'm finding is that when using the self-serve "kiosk-console-thingy" my images have white areas at the edges, particularly when trying to get an 8X10 or A4. My pals at the photography group say that I can adjust the "aspect ratio" in-camera and set it up for images that will successfully print out at these sizes..... my only trouble being that I'm something of a "late starter" with digital photography...and at times people of my age find "too many options" a challenge! I have Canon EOS 100D and Canon EOS 70D

LOOK! if this is wildly off-topic, then I shall attempt to compose another post along these lines! Thanks for your time gang!

Dave P :)

Don't worry about the camera. The settings for the white edges are to do with the printer. There's quite a few settings you can change when it comes to printing and you can fit the image to the whole area.

A printers I used last month let me add an up to an inch thick white border if I wanted. Is there a member of staff that'd help you?

Don't worry about the camera. The settings for the white edges are to do with the printer. There's quite a few settings you can change when it comes to printing and you can fit the image to the whole area.

A printers I used last month let me add an up to an inch thick white border if I wanted. Is there a member of staff that'd help you?
Thank you for getting back to me 👍 Yes, the joint I go to for printing my images has staff who are happy to help. It’s a bit of a relief that I don’t necessarily have to muck about with camera settings!
Happy photography and printing Bobster!

Back