Phone-use driver jailed over Dumfries death crash

Because I know what every song in my library sounds like and I don't go looking for a specific track mate.
See above.

That's not what I said at all :lol:

You're obviously not reading posts and are just on a wind up now mind.

Do let us know when you get fined for using your phone whilst driving though.
Yes you did. You don't need to touch the audio controls ever because you know every song. And you never ever listen to anything new.

My point being, the driver who has been jailed was reckless and idiotic. But the vast majority of us are guilty at some point of fiddling with something occasionally while we're driving.

It's a minefield. And of course the preachers of the SMB are never guilty of such things, but the rest of us often are. So how do you police that?

Last edited:

See above.

Yes you did. You don't need to touch the audio controls ever because you know every song. And you never ever listen to anything new.

My point being, the driver who has been jailed was reckless and idiotic. But the vast majority of us are guilty at some point of fiddling with something occasionally while we're driving.

It's a minefield. And of course the preachers of the SMB are never guilty of such things, but the rest of us often are. So how do you police that?

I said I didn't need to look and see which song is playing because I know what all the songs sound like without having to look at it. I must have said like five times the only button I use is the next song button.

There's a difference between checking the radio and checking your phone.

Just accept your guilt, accept you're a bad driver, change your behaviour and move on.

Still the amount of people you see using their phones whilst driving is ridiculous. Don’t think the death penalty would stop them from doing it.
It’s worse than it’s ever been. Shows increasing fines and points means fuck all.
If anything it’s actually more unsafe now than ever before. People look down at their laps rather than hold their phone up.

It’s worse than it’s ever been. Shows increasing fines and points means fuck all.
If anything it’s actually more unsafe now than ever before. People look down at their laps rather than hold their phone up.
That's completely true. I often look in the mirror and see someone behind clearly gazing at a phone in their lap trying to hide what they're doing.

I have been known to sound my horn at drivers distracted by phone use. Amazing how quick they drop it and try to look innocent.

Back