Phone-use driver jailed over Dumfries death crash

No now it's blokes on Twitter and women on Facebook who are causing all these delays at traffic lights?

Not you of course. Not with your absolute discipline that means you ignore your sat nav and only use one button on the radio.

You never skip forwards or backwards or search for a station/song.

I can quite easily skip through Spotify without taking my eyes off the road though.

It doesn't take a lot of discipline to not use your phone whilst driving. It just takes a bit of common sense and some respect for your fellow drivers.

I don't believe that 90% of people who do that will be able to resist - even if just occasionally - reading the message that doesn't come in where they are stopped, or leaving off halfway through a reply when lights go green.
I agree. I admit. If my phone is on the dashboard and a message pops up then I read it.

I don't reply to them admittely. I have hands-free on the car as well so there's little excuse.

So what does the SMB propose you do with me? Throw me in jail? Ban me from the roads for a year?

I agree. I admit. If my phone is on the dashboard and a message pops up then I read it.

I don't reply to them admittely. I have hands-free on the car as well so there's little excuse.

So what does the SMB propose you do with me? Throw me in jail? Ban me from the roads for a year?
Hanging?

No now it's blokes on Twitter and women on Facebook who are causing all these delays at traffic lights?

Not you of course. Not with your absolute discipline that means you ignore your sat nav and only use one button on the radio.

You never skip forwards or backwards or search for a station/song.
even the most basic cars have wheel controls these days though so thats not really an issue as far as i can see, its purely the mobile stuff. However i do see people actually having to look away from to the road to see other important stuff like hazard switches, lights etc so mebbes designers need to get on board and place stuff better along with car layout familiarisation being a mandatory part of the test as well * it may well be now it`s 30 year since i sat me test*

I can quite easily skip through Spotify without taking my eyes off the road though.

It doesn't take a lot of discipline to not use your phone whilst driving. It just takes a bit of common sense and some respect for your fellow drivers.
How the fuck do you skip through Spotify without looking at the track listing?

Because I know what every song in my library sounds like and I don't go looking for a specific track mate.
You never play a new album in the car?

You're so self disciplined, you only listen to albums which you know the track listing off by heart?

You're so self disciplined you never skip backwards and forwards through the album

And you never adjust your sat nav

Impressive.

What’s the craic with daft fuckers doing that? The number plate thing.
Kid at work is obsessed with having no number plate on his audi, next time he gets caught he will lose his private plate, so has been making a magnet attached one. For fucks sake, i ask him what the problem is? Looks shite on his grille when taking photos of his car. Spends a full day every week on cleaning it. Spenk.

Stick a red hot poker up your shitter

Kid at work is obsessed with having no number plate on his audi, next time he gets caught he will lose his private plate, so has been making a magnet attached one. For fucks sake, i ask him what the problem is? Looks shite on his grille when taking photos of his car. Spends a full day every week on cleaning it. Spenk.
His mother should have swallowed.

You never play a new album in the car?

You're so self disciplined, you only listen to albums which you know the track listing off by heart?

You're so self disciplined you never skip backwards and forwards through the album

And you never adjust your sat nav

Impressive.

I don't listen to albums. I just shuffle my entire library or I put a small selection of songs I want to listen to into a playlist.

If I want to skip the song, I just press the next song button.

I never adjust my sat nav by hand whilst driving. I either pull over, or I use the voice control.

My phone has an automatic do not disturb function when it knows I'm driving.

It isn't impressive, it's just not putting other road users in danger by taking my eyes off the road for a prolonged period of time focused on my phone.

I have no issue with people looking at the radio for a second, big deal. People who fuck on with their phone at traffic lights and people who actually use their phone whilst driving should not be allowed to drive.

In a better world, driving on a ban would be instant permanent confiscation of the car if owned/leased/hired by the driver and time inside, doubled if the car can't be seized, and then another penalty on top for driving with no insurance, which you would be.
I’ve been done for no insurance as well :-O

Haulage companies would go mad if you turned your phone off as they need to get in touch with you at all times. I'm currently working as a multi drop driver until I start my new job and the bastards are constantly trying to ring me despite not having Bluetooth in the vehicle they provide.
Mine is turned off when Iam driving.
Had a planner who was on the phone every 30 mins checking where I was despite the f***ing vehicle having a tracker.

I started ringing him at home when I was on night shift with pointless questions and it soon stopped.

The worse road Ive seen for drivers on their phones is the A75 where that RTA took place.
The Irish Drivers are the worse. well over the speed limit with a phone glued to their ears ...it suprises me that there isnt more fatals on that road

I don't listen to albums. I just shuffle my entire library or I put a small selection of songs I want to listen to into a playlist.

If I want to skip the song, I just press the next song button.

I never adjust my sat nav by hand whilst driving. I either pull over, or I use the voice control.

My phone has an automatic do not disturb function when it knows I'm driving.

It isn't impressive, it's just not putting other road users in danger by taking my eyes off the road for a prolonged period of time focused on my phone.

I have no issue with people looking at the radio for a second, big deal. People who fuck on with their phone at traffic lights and people who actually use their phone whilst driving should not be allowed to drive.
You're contradicting yourself over and over again

You now have no problem with people fiddling with the radio but object to people fiddling with their phone.

You object to the use of sat navs and audio systems yet use both yourself every day. But of course you're the only driver in the world who has the self discipline to use both safely.

Your original post stated the dangers on the roads are caused by young women checking Facebook with no evidence to back this up. Then you changed this to claim its actually men checking Twitter.

You're contradicting yourself over and over again

You now have no problem with people fiddling with the radio but object to people fiddling with their phone.

You object to the use of sat navs and audio systems yet use both yourself every day. But of course you're the only driver in the world who has the self discipline to use both safely.

Your original post stated the dangers on the roads are caused by young women checking Facebook with no evidence to back this up. Then you changed this to claim its actually men checking Twitter.

I suggest you learn to read mate.

Using the radio is a lot different to using a phone, both in terms of common sense and the law.

I don't object to the use of sat nav or audio systems and never said I object to their use, as long as they're used safely.

I did say that there's a big problem with young lasses checking their phones, there's also the issue of young lads doing it too but in my experience its mostly lasses.

You carry on using your phone mate, and I'll have a good f***ing laugh when you get six points and lose your license, because presumably you haven't held yours for more than two years yet.

Using the radio is a lot different to using a phone, both in terms of common sense and the law.

I don't object to the use of sat nav or audio systems and never said I object to their use, as long as they're used safely.

I did say that there's a big problem with young lasses checking their phones, there's also the issue of young lads doing it too but in my experience its mostly lasses.

You carry on using your phone mate, and I'll have a good f***ing laugh when you get six points and lose your license, because presumably you haven't held yours for more than two years yet.
Why would I lose my licence for glancing at my phone?

And you've already said you don't use your radio controls because you've memorised the order of every song on every album you listen to.

Last edited:
Why would I lose my licence for glancing at my phone?

And you've already said you don't use your radio controls because you've memorised the order of every song on every album you listen to.

That's not what I said at all :lol:

You're obviously not reading posts and are just on a wind up now mind.

Do let us know when you get fined for using your phone whilst driving though.

Back