Phoenix Nights

IIRC, Phoenix Nights gave Daniel Kitson a big boost to his career and he sacked them all off after it. Bit ungrateful if you ask me.
I didn't think he was that funny mind
I saw him do this
It's Always Right Now, Until It's Later | Theatre review
at the royal exchange in Manchester. Not necessarily stand up, it was two simultaneous but unrelated life stories, one from birth to death and the other from death to birth. The two stories crossed momentarily in the middle. Very clever and well written, I enjoyed it. The missus fell asleep.

Last edited:
class, watched it a few weeks back all in 1 night. My iptv has a 24/7 max and paddy channel (not looked for phoenix nights one but the series is on demand). No matter how many times you watch them it always cracks me up.

What's the matter with me? I'll tell you what's the matter with me. Me first week as licensee, I'm stood here looking like a...gay Satan cos somebody sold all me clothes on t'jumble. I've been rolled round t'car park all day dressed as a...hernia and I've got 12 people in casualty with rubber burns.

What's the matter with me? I'll tell you what's the matter with me. Me first week as licensee, I'm stood here looking like a...gay Satan cos somebody sold all me clothes on t'jumble. I've been rolled round t'car park all day dressed as a...hernia and I've got 12 people in casualty with rubber burns.

Weren’t he a Scottish poet??

Ordering Piagra from Armchair Super Store
"Sweet Tuck Haul" on the side of the van

"woh, woh, woh, sweet child o' mine!"

"I want to moonwalk son, but life's a shithouse"

"Rubber Burns? Weren't he a Scottish poet?"

"Hey, toilet-mouth! There's a child's bike outside!"

"....covered in piss" is my favourite but we've had that.

He should have bucked that DSS worker like, so what if she was a spy she really liked him.

Every time somebody says "Stranraer" I have to repeat it back to them in a louder tone and in the form of a question, couldn't give a fuck if they don't get the reference. Phoenix Nights is an absolute classic, not sure I'd want to see another series though. Clubland has moved on.
Clubland has shut down not moved on !

Back