Philliskirk

I don’t know if anyone can remember Alan Hope. Around the early 80s he was a youth goalkeeper for Sunderland. He also represented England at schoolboy level. A shoulder put an end to what was probably going to be a good career. Ex pennywell school lad. Also from pennywell Anthony Smith who also had his sunderland career ruined with injury. Remember him.

Hope was class, although a bit small for a keeper. Played against his brother he was my age
He got a serious inury at Leeds.

Topper lad him like, known him all my life

Last edited:
Castle View, Micky Gray, Mendonca, Davy Rush,.... loads more who went there should have made it. It was, if ya face fits or if you knew the Sunderland Boys coaches...you were straight in. One of Sunderland's board members now brother was outstanding, Leeds snapped him up. Injury finished his career.
I once played against Castleview after there had been a bit bother between our schools. During the game the crowd watching got bigger and bigger and the word was we were going to get a good hiding after the game.
We were f***ing shitting it .The centre forward decided he was going to seek some retribution anarl and started kicking anything that moved. The poor teacher reffing it was clearly terrified of the lad up front and did fuck all about it .
We still managed to win like and with the help of more teachers and parents we also escaped a good kicking .
Funny looking back at it now 😂😂😂.

I once played against Castleview after there had been a bit bother between our schools. During the game the crowd watching got bigger and bigger and the word was we were going to get a good hiding after the game.
We were f***ing shitting it .The centre forward decided he was going to seek some retribution anarl and started kicking anything that moved. The poor teacher reffing it was clearly terrified of the lad up front and did fuck all about it .
We still managed to win like and with the help of more teachers and parents we also escaped a good kicking .
Always were great battles Castle View v Red House. 😅😅😎😎

I remember Dale White playing for SAFC against Sheffield United,could have been his debut? Believe he was a Southmoor Comp lad. Does anybody remember a itv programme called ‘Robson’s Choice’?

I do. Robbie Robinson was on that getting his tea in the kitchen.

Terry fenwick from Seaham could be classed in same category

Went to School with him, both him and his brother (John) signed for Palace.

I also went to school with, Brian Marwood and Gary Rowell

I was shit but managed to clatter Alan Brown in an under 16s game he was playing for Easington. He had gone past about 3 of our players, I just went all Joe Bolton on him :)

We played for Northlea u16s and played Murton away, I was playing right back, there were grown men at the side of the pitch talking about who they were going to fill in after the match, fuck me after we got changed, never ran so fast in all my life :)

Last edited:

Back