Phillips wants it....

As long as the backroom staff are good, I would like Phillips.

Get the crowd onside, bring back the feel of some glory days, make the stadium a fortress again
He was one of the fittest professional footballers, which is why his career lasted until nearly 40, and I am sure he would get our team fit.
I am sure players would respond to him, he also knows what it is to be a lower league footballer, he has been coaching and assistant manager for 5 years,
He was Leicester´s attacking coach and Vardy has commented how much Phillips helped him improve his game, as he ran around like a butcher´s dog and lashed them in from anywhere.
He has been an an assistant manager so knows how to deal with people. will play attacking football, and I am sure he would still be a better option off the bench that Grigg.

If it was Allerdyce, Hughton or Philips I would go for experience, but if the choice is Cook,Ainsworth or Phillips, feck it what have we got to lose?

SUPA SUPA KEV

If it was Allerdyce, Hughton or Philips I would go for experience, but if the choice is Cook,Ainsworth or Phillips, feck it what have we got to lose?

SUPA SUPA KEV
This. I was a no but it’s all relative - he could give us a lift, get Grigg going etc. He has also done hard yards in both coaching and lower leagues

Piece on Echo website with quotes from Phillips. Saying he's "reached out and spoke to people at the club, will know more in next 24/48hrs". Interesting considering journo's have said only talking to managers with league 1 experience.

It’s only a few years since he was playing at Leicester. He keeps himself in great shape and would tear league one apart even at his age. Would keep the wage bill down as well. From a ITK at Horden labour club.

Back