Phil Parkinson

It will push a lot of people to the brink if he appoints Phil f***ing Parkinson.

Appalling that we are even considering him, Will be no better than Ross.

everyone deserves a chance but fuck me expectations are at an all time low if we're hanging our hat on someone of his pedigree. even grayson had a better record (before managing us)

This is the issue for me. I didn't enjoy it even when we won under Ross. People seem to forget that it's meant to be what we do for entertainment. ....it doesn't have to be akin to self flagellation.
This, people have to understand weather they like it or not it' an entertainment business these days.
If it's going to be drab 0-0 or scraping a 1-0 sitting there bored shitless you might as well just check final score.

Here's a quote from the Bolton Message Board when Parkinson left 'Thank god he's gone. Terrible tactics. Playing not to lose rather than going for the win. In any sport, it's the brave and fearless that end up as winners. Just because he's hung around doesn't make him a saint. Maybe he's a nice guy but unfortunately in sport there's no room for nice. Wish him well though in his next job unless it's against us.' On the same page there are other quotes like 'worst football I can recall' and 'constant references to other teams spending power'. Now I know we have many negative posters on here but reading that could be us describing Ross. If he is appointed our fans have the right to ask what the reasoning was. To me there would be no point in getting rid of Ross to appoint someone who has displayed exactly the same approach.

19 clean sheets same as Luton I believe. This is the point really isn't it - Stendel got Barnsley promoted last season with the most clean sheets and a definitive style of football. A brand that was fast paced, direct, attacking with an aggressive press, something most fans are clamouring for. He also did this whilst getting his team automatically promoted with a recruitment strategy completely out of his hands.
He's also free (out of work) and there cheaper than paying a club compensation.
He's a manager that many fans (polls, forums and social media opinion) would be excited about and want.

Parkinson has also been promoted from this league but plays a brand of football that may be effective but is uninspiring, boring and insipid and there is no guarantee he'll be able to get us up with 33 games remaining.

So that begs the question, why Parkinson over someone like Stendel when neither are guaranteed yo get us promoted but one is a man the fans would like with a definitive style of football or the other of whom is the complete opposite and someone the fans do not want at all?

Barnsley were outstanding against us last season at Oakwell.
They were well drilled and played with pace all over the pitch.

There is NO way that Safc fans deserve any blame whatsoever for the clubs failure last season. Safc failed because of dumb choices on the football side and wilful ignorance of the clear failings that plagued the team as far back as October 2018. These failings remain and as far as any of us can see, the club is too dumb to Recognise and rectify these issues. Don’t be blaming the fans. They give more backing than the club deserves.
We are all in it together.. If you think our home vocal support has been good then I find that amazing.. Everything seems to be negative with so many of our fans these days and this to me is the biggest hurdle we face if we are ever going to be a successful club..Just look at the negative comments regarding the possible new managers before they have even started.. What chance do they have with the this kind of toxicity?

Really? I thought it was a crap game cancelled out by the awful conditions. Barnsley played some good football last season, including at our place, but we should have put five past them in the first half alone.

It does not make sense, even if you don't bother with all the other names, you have Stendel a free agent and Parkinson, its a no brainer, if Parkinson comes this is a new low the club has sunk to.

But we don't have any pace. How is any new manager going to overcome that.
You can only play the hand your dealt I'm afraid.
Until January tactics would be similar.

Here's a quote from the Bolton Message Board when Parkinson left 'Thank god he's gone. Terrible tactics. Playing not to lose rather than going for the win. In any sport, it's the brave and fearless that end up as winners. Just because he's hung around doesn't make him a saint. Maybe he's a nice guy but unfortunately in sport there's no room for nice. Wish him well though in his next job unless it's against us.' On the same page there are other quotes like 'worst football I can recall' and 'constant references to other teams spending power'. Now I know we have many negative posters on here but reading that could be us describing Ross. If he is appointed our fans have the right to ask what the reasoning was. To me there would be no point in getting rid of Ross to appoint someone who has displayed exactly the same approach.
A lot of Bolton fans think highly of him to be fair so this is not a collective view and I don’t think there is a stand out candidate from the list who will join us. More worrying though from the other thread is that a Pearson’s ‘team’ was too costly and Parkinson’s being chosen because he will work under cheap flexible conditions. The manager and his recruitment team matter - being 9th should tell us that. It indicates we’re unstable , skint and we need owners who invest or we are unstable and getting the books right for a profitable sale are more important than football.

A lot of Bolton fans think highly of him to be fair so this is not a collective view and I don’t think there is a stand out candidate from the list who will join us. More worrying though from the other thread is that a Pearson’s ‘team’ was too costly and Parkinson’s being chosen because he will work under cheap flexible conditions. The manager and his recruitment team matter - being 9th should tell us that. It indicates we’re unstable , skint and we need owners who invest or we are unstable and getting the books right for a profitable sale are more important than football.
I think they think highly of him because he handled the financial troubles with dignity. They seem to be pretty much in agreement that his style of football was awful. Apparently they had a poll similar to us and they all wanted him out. I think if you look at opinions on Stendel, Ainsworth and Cook the fans are very complimentary. While fans opinion are only one element and can be fickle Parkinson does seem to stand out in being someone who plays dull, defensive football and someone who likes his team to sit back and knock the ball long. Where we are now this seems a recipe for disaster and replacing Ross with someone who seems to have a very similar style seems pretty stupid. I'm not sure how you can advance an argument justifying the dismissal of Ross and replacing him with someone who has spent his time with his last club playing the same way. Can you think why we might be contemplating this?

Back