Phil Parkinson

He came from the Scottish premiership, he had just won promotion, he also held talks with Ipswich. Parkinson is currently unemployed, not sure how you can be so confident that Parkinson is going to be more expensive then Ross like.
Could have just admitted that he didn’t have a f***ing clue as per, mind. Not sure I’ve missed the constant stream of utter f***ing bollocks delivered with the confidence of a man who’s just nailed a rail of Charles the length of a football pitch I must admit.
In football things have a habit of not turning out as fans expect them to. I remember thinking we'd signed a lame donkey when Quinny signed. The vast majority of us have been pretty satisfied with every manager we've appointed since Keane. Most of them ended up being a disaster.
If the best thing to recommend him is that life is sometimes a bit perverse, we should be concerned. Truth is, most of the time things happen exactly as you’d expect them to:lol:
Look back to when JR was winning "ugly"
That’s a misinterpretation of a good amount of what was being said. The issue was that many believed that winning ugly all the time wasn’t sustainable.

They were right. It wasn’t.

Last edited:
Watch him turn out to be a hero. There would be a canny bit humble pie to eat (I include myself in that)
I hope he wins every game he manages for us. But I fear the reality might me something completely different.

I've been attending games since 1984, don't be preaching to me about going elsewhere to see good football. I want to see it from my club.

I knew it would come out like an insult. I honestly didn't intend for it to. I only meant that for right now we might be ugly and there's loads of places we can watch beautiful football. But I take your point and also apologize.

I knew it would come out like an insult. I honestly didn't intend for it to. I only meant that for right now we might be ugly and there's loads of places we can watch beautiful football. But I take your point and also apologize.
It was pretty obvious what you meant tbh. The poster was quick to anger

Having slept on it, I'm coming round to the idea. I know I have no choice but, he spoke really well and what we really need to start doing is having a fairly established first XI and be more organised at the back.
I'm not particularly bothered about pretty football as long as results follow. He could be a Mick McCarthy esq appointment, grinding out promotion but probably not up to the next level.

Last edited:
I think you might be pleasantly surprised with Parky. He’s a very decent manager who has done well with Colchester, Charlton and Bradford, without having much money to spend. He’s also a very straight and honest man. Give him a bit of time to turn things around before you judge him. Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Having slept on it, I'm coming round to the idea. I know I have no choice but, he spoke really well and what we really need to start doing is having a fairly established first XI and be more organised at the back.
I'm not particularly bothered about pretty football as long as results follow. He could be a Mick McCarthy esq appointment, grinding out promotion but probably not up to the next level.
I've got a feeling in me bladder, Fadda, la. Parkour will surmount the obstacles. He'll dee fer me, marra.

Back