Phil Neville - Steve Bruce is a top manager

Usual Steve Bruce M.O. this is. Do well against the big boys but get shafted off those around. Canny first season, then the child in him comes out.
Honeymoon period mate

I said he'd at least match Wor Rafa's "achievements". Obviously he blew a load of money on Joe Linton, he has always been shite when given money, but he's getting similar results to Benitez with largely the same team.

And he’s right. He is.
With hindsight our problems ran a lot deeper (short) but we would have been much better off sticking with Bruce. Even if we had gone down.
Posted by someone else, somewhere else:

Of the 33 managers that have managed more than 200 PL games, Steve Bruce has the second lowest win ratio after Bryan Robson.
So, no more a top manager than Benitez is world class.

There's a massive difference between being a 'decent' manager and a 'top' manager, as the op is claiming he is.
Aye he’s no Phil Parkinson or jack ross like :D
Love to kna why he's got so many media friends

Considering he's won fuck all
He won loads at Man Utd in fairness
Probably not. Our fans claim to be best supporters in the world but hound every manager out when a few results don’t go our way it embarrassing. No fucker turns up anymore when the going gets tough. Best fans my arse I cringe at the way they go on on here. Going on about being a premier league team still. Get a grip we need to realise where we are and cut our cloth accordingly. Jack Ross was doing ok and would have got us up eventually. Everything from here on in is a massive cluster fuck and I can’t see us going up any time soon. Absolutely fucked it bowing to the pressure of clueless fans
This

Last edited:
O'Neill took the squad he was failing with and had them in European form. Hardly much of an endorsement.
Probably time, though, for mags to admit he's doing a better job than Rafa Benitez.

Good start, injury pile up, dire form in the final third of fixtures. Every single Steve Bruce season is the same.

Last edited:
@Turnip from the Tip

Bruce is waaaaaaaay out in front of anyone else among the current crop for managing PL games.

As of this Saturday evening it’s:

Bruce 405 games
Mourinho 307 games
Hodgson 301 games

Say what you like about him – and plenty do – he’s experienced.

Moyes has over 500 - hes experienced too. Hughes has over 450 and is just out of work like Bruce was for a period last season. Pardew has 300+ it just means they've been around a bit and they've probably had a reasonable spell somewhere sometime.

The current trend is to look abroad and to discard the older managers, so there's not a lot of competition for British managers who started out say 20 years ago. I'd prefer to look at the actual detail of what they've done than the fact the've managed x amount of games.

I think his win ratio is the second lowest. He may be in the Premier League but again so was John Carver. NUFC are going mid-table and all of a sudden he is a brilliant manager. I had to watch the Sunday Supplement this morning as I saw Custis was on. He said he always thought Bruce was a good manager. His comments were met with total silence by the rest of the parasites.

Good championship manager and at best he’ll get you comfortable mid table in the prem.
Surely that makes him a decent premier league manager ?
Probably not. Our fans claim to be best supporters in the world but hound every manager out when a few results don’t go our way it embarrassing. No fucker turns up anymore when the going gets tough. Best fans my arse I cringe at the way they go on on here. Going on about being a premier league team still. Get a grip we need to realise where we are and cut our cloth accordingly. Jack Ross was doing ok and would have got us up eventually. Everything from here on in is a massive cluster fuck and I can’t see us going up any time soon. Absolutely fucked it bowing to the pressure of clueless fans
Looking in from the outside (i'm not a Sunderland fan) - I have to say that is exactly how it looks.

Last edited:

Back