Phil Neville - Steve Bruce is a top manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's an average Premier League manager, he was average at Sunderland (we became bored with this) and he'll be average at Newcastle (They'll become bored of this).

Ludicrous to say he is a 'top' manager. Top Managers win things. He is a middle of the road championship manager at best. He has never built a club. His approach is short-termist and cheque book based, and hes still not very good at that.
I forgot we should be attracting managers like Pep Guardiola

There's no good metric that makes Steve Bruce a top manager. He is, at best, average. He did a decent but unspectacular job at Hull. Aston Villa was a failure. To make up for his inevitable slump in the new year, Newcastle should really be in a better position than where they are now in the league.

I stand corrected on this if I’m wrong but is there anybody currently managing who has taken charge of more premier league football matches than Steve Bruce? I think only Arsenal Wenger had when he was still in employment at Arsenal

I dont know if you are correct on this mate, i think moyes is up there, possibly allardyce. This however doesnt make him a top manager by any stretch. Top managers manage top clubs, hes never been anywhere near.

We all knows what happens once he has his purple patch. Happens everywhere he goes and why he is universally hated by the fans of most his old clubs. Let them enjoy it as the fall out will be spectacular

2 wins in about a year wasn’t it ?
Aye canny form for a top manager that like 🙄🙄
Rewriting of history by some, he’s a good championship lower mid table premier league manager nowt more. He loaded our squad with shite that meant we were hamstrung years after he’d got the boot.

I’m starting to think they could appoint Basil Brush and he’d be relatively successful. They have had some crap and always come out of it well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back