Pheasants

Why can't they cross the road? One today was waiting right until I was 20 yards away and started walking across the A1 at Alnwick, it was looking straight at me.

Going down the road from Durham to Lanchester there's a bendy wooded bit. There was a pheasant there by the side of the road. It just looked at me as I approached so I pulled out to give it a good metre, metre and a half, of space. Just as I reached it, it decided that then would be a good time to take off. Which would have been fine, as it took off parallel to me, until it decided it would also be a good idea to turn and fly across the road. Its head went straight into my wing mirror, splat.

Fucker broke the wing mirror, had to do the rest of the journey with it hanging off and only held to the car by the thin electric wires that heat the mirror in cold weather.

The twat. Couldn't even stop to pick it up as that's illegal.

Going down the road from Durham to Lanchester there's a bendy wooded bit. There was a pheasant there by the side of the road. It just looked at me as I approached so I pulled out to give it a good metre, metre and a half, of space. Just as I reached it, it decided that then would be a good time to take off. Which would have been fine, as it took off parallel to me, until it decided it would also be a good idea to turn and fly across the road. Its head went straight into my wing mirror, splat.

Fucker broke the wing mirror, had to do the rest of the journey with it hanging off and only held to the car by the thin electric wires that heat the mirror in cold weather.

The twat. Couldn't even stop to pick it up as that's illegal.

Is it? Never knew that, is it because they all belong to the Queen?

Back