PGA Tour has agreed to merge with Saudi-backed rival LIV

Probably not really.

A lot of the players will have been pissed off at the tour suggesting this agreement in the first place, especially some of the big names who passed up the LIV cash grab.

Could lead to a bigger exodus and less chance of seeing the biggest players in the game playing each other more often.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see another rival tour backed by American (or at least non-Saudi) cash.

Probably not really.

A lot of the players will have been pissed off at the tour suggesting this agreement in the first place, especially some of the big names who passed up the LIV cash grab.

Could lead to a bigger exodus and less chance of seeing the biggest players in the game playing each other more often.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see another rival tour backed by American (or at least non-Saudi) cash.
I just think long term Liv is bad for the game and want them nowhere near it.
I do also get what you're saying too though.
Bit of a mess really.

I just think long term Liv is bad for the game and want them nowhere near it.
I do also get what you're saying too though.
Bit of a mess really.
I agreed, but I think the “merger” would have been likely the end of LIV (despite what Norman says). I don’t think the Saudi’s wanted the split, they want a chunk of a combined product.

It’s a complete mess. The money thrown about is insane for some bang average players…. Just leads to more uncertainty going forwards.

Back