Petrol costs

harmy

Striker
Looks like petrol is finally dropping.

Cheapest near Sunderland appears to be in houghton. Jet garage selling at 178.9.

Looks like petrol is finally dropping.

Cheapest near Sunderland appears to be in houghton. Jet garage selling at 178.9.
Funnily enough me and the wife are just about to pop over to the pump station next to Steels and fill up. Just drove past it and it is 178.

Out on my messages yesterday, the price sign wasn't lit up at Sainsbury's Team Valley yesterday. Tesco at Gilesgate was still well over 1.90. :rolleyes:

Just looked and asda Ashington is 6p a litre more than the bp at the new services along the road.
I think greed is kicking in with them (I know there's a lot more to it than this). They've said for years they make little profit from petrol and have always been cheaper, why all of a sudden the flip?

I’ve been told if a garage gets a tanker of fuel at X pence a litre, the price may fall the next day but they’ve bought it at that price so can’t drop their price until they get their next tanker in, which may only be a few pence cheaper but they can then pass that on. Unless they are robing bastards and don’t bother.

Only get 1 point per litre now not per pound isn’t it?
Something like that. I'll be honest I can claim a bit back from work at 45p a mile, which I know I'm lucky to be able to do. That rate has been in place though since I started my job in 2006. The union asked why it doesn't reflect the current rise and were told anything above becomes taxable. And people wonder why I choose to work from home rather than clock 500 miles a week.

Back