Petrol costs

Think I paid £83 for a full tank jubilee weekend and hit paid £93. This is getting very serious now. Will certainly be staying more local when I can.

Currently put £30 petrol in the car per week. So usually £120 month.

Would it be more efficient to just fill the car to the brim in one go and hope the petrol lasts the month and saves me a few quid?

Car engine is 1.0 eco boost Ford Focus.
It’s always gonna be more efficient to fill it right up, as you aren’t having to drive to the petrol station so many times. Petrol savings due to weight will be negligible, but additional spends due to a reasonable 2-3 mile trip to the station 3-4 times a month in potentially crap traffic will be fairly significant and certainly out weight the savings

It’s always gonna be more efficient to fill it right up, as you aren’t having to drive to the petrol station so many times. Petrol savings due to weight will be negligible, but additional spends due to a reasonable 2-3 mile trip to the station 3-4 times a month in potentially crap traffic will be fairly significant and certainly out weight the savings
Carol Vorderman hasn't got a look in with this kernt mind.

I bet your a hoot at partys.:lol:

Do people specifically drive 2-3 miles to a petrol station though? Surely you'd plan to fill up whilst on route somewhere when passing, or whilst shopping etc before you're almost out... therefore topping up regularly won't add that much additional usage?

Do people specifically drive 2-3 miles to a petrol station though? Surely you'd plan to fill up whilst on route somewhere when passing, or whilst shopping etc before you're almost out... therefore topping up regularly won't add that much additional usage?
I sometimes go specifically to re-fuel, 1/4 mile each way.

Back