Petrol and Diesel Cars to be Banned from 2040

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deisel cars can't pass there emisions test in the coming years so manufactures will pull the plug on them anyway in certain countries.
Unless your VW and Porsche and can get the emission down in other ways

Only solution IMO is one car per household , almost becoming the norm to have 2-3 cars per house now , something has to give and electric cars aren't the answer

This isn't really on-topic but to reinforce Fletch's point about number of cars per household.......

We fancied moving a while ago and went to look at a typical new estate. We couldn't believe how many cars were parked on the pavements, each house only had a drive big enough for one car so the over-spill was mental. Both sides of already narrow roads crammed with cars, a fire engine couldn't have got down there and I had to tuck my wing mirrors in just to avoid bashing them. With children staying at home longer it's not uncommon for a four bedroom house to have 4 cars associated with it, but how do you tell kids in these times that they can't have a car of their own? Something has to change, but we're not used to being denied anything.

I'd love an electric or alternative energy car, so long as I can do my job without interuption which involves driving around the UK

This isn't really on-topic but to reinforce Fletch's point about number of cars per household.......

We fancied moving a while ago and went to look at a typical new estate. We couldn't believe how many cars were parked on the pavements, each house only had a drive big enough for one car so the over-spill was mental. Both sides of already narrow roads crammed with cars, a fire engine couldn't have got down there and I had to tuck my wing mirrors in just to avoid bashing them. With children staying at home longer it's not uncommon for a four bedroom house to have 4 cars associated with it, but how do you tell kids in these times that they can't have a car of their own? Something has to change, but we're not used to being denied anything.

I'd love an electric or alternative energy car, so long as I can do my job without interuption which involves driving around the UK

Older estates are not any better for streets full of cars. I'm in a 70s build street and a lot of the houses have space for 2 or 3 cars end to end, plus a garage. I don't think anyone uses their garage for a car and half the houses that have more than one car have one on the street one on the drive. One bloke is out every week, brushing, weed spraying and monthly sealing his block paved drive. It looks pristine. He never parks his car on it for fear of making it messy. I guess the other people just don't like having to swap cars around. It is a pain so I just take which ever car is on the end of the drive. If that means driving the wife's car for a few days until they end up swapped again, then fine.

I think most new builds should have drives wide enough for 2 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back