Petrol and Diesel Cars to be Banned from 2040

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good news for those who invested millions in classic car collections, think I'll nip ower and see Jay Leno and offer him ten bob for the lot.
It says they will ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars. That would no doubt cripple the used price of cars a few year old but classics should be ok.

Not that I believe this ban will go ahead

So what happens with charging? (For those of us who don't have a drive where they can pull the car in and charge the car)
Are the batteries pull-outable so I can charge overnight, or do I need to leave 3 hours before work so the car can be charged on the way to work?

So what happens with charging? (For those of us who don't have a drive where they can pull the car in and charge the car)
Are the batteries pull-outable so I can charge overnight, or do I need to leave 3 hours before work so the car can be charged on the way to work?

I suspect hybrid cars will still be allowed. But there'll be the hope that technology improves so that batteries have longer ranges and super fast charging

In 30 years you'll be able to charge them by giving them a quick rub

Probably a blind thread to force the motor trade to actually tackle pollution. Fair enough imo

I do however believe we will see self-drive cars within 10-15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back