Peterlee-SMB Favourite

A19 roundabout has got a stupid set of lights that should be part time.
It was part of the tesco project to help get traffic in and out of the town quickly. The way they've done it, there's no way to turn them off at night.

Yeah, it's annoying af

It was part of the tesco project to help get traffic in and out of the town quickly. The way they've done it, there's no way to turn them off at night.

Yeah, it's annoying af
Yeah the footpath in the middle of roundabout. I've never seen anyone use it, they could be part time if they hadn't put that in. Everyone on foot goes round the side.

Yeah the footpath in the middle of roundabout. I've never seen anyone use it, they could be part time if they hadn't put that in. Everyone on foot goes round the side.

Is there a footpath in the middle of the roundabout? I must have gone round it a million times and never seen it.

Is there a footpath in the middle of the roundabout? I must have gone round it a million times and never seen it.
Yes. Because you can't have a crossing on the "on ramp" to the A19. So you have to go a convoluted way to get from one side to the other.

Yes. Because you can't have a crossing on the "on ramp" to the A19. So you have to go a convoluted way to get from one side to the other.
I'm sure there is a crossing there as well though, traffic would be stopped at previous set of lights

I'm sure there is a crossing there as well though, traffic would be stopped at previous set of lights
All of the entrances to the roundabout have traffic lights, but none of the exists. There are lights on the roundabout, but they are before the exists.
So to "safely" cross, you end up going in an X shape - corner to corner, not straight over. So from NSK to the Moorcock.

Of course, NOBODY does this - everyone just crosses the 2nd side without any assistance. The whole thing is useless.

All of the entrances to the roundabout have traffic lights, but none of the exists. There are lights on the roundabout, but they are before the exists.
So to "safely" cross, you end up going in an X shape - corner to corner, not straight over. So from NSK to the Moorcock.

Of course, NOBODY does this - everyone just crosses the 2nd side without any assistance. The whole thing is useless.
The most Peterlee thing ever!

The most Peterlee thing ever!
Its H&S really. Its the only way they could do it. And when they put the lights on, they had to put pedestrian crossings on.

I can't think of any better way, but its still almost totally useless. If that makes sense?

Its H&S really. Its the only way they could do it. And when they put the lights on, they had to put pedestrian crossings on.

I can't think of any better way, but its still almost totally useless. If that makes sense?
Yeah it does make sense about the on ramp.

Back