Peterlee-SMB Favourite

Last car i bought in the north east was from Peterlee. Ran like a dream for about 4 years and only cost buttons to start with.

I can only really remember Peterlee from the 80`s through going with me gran when we stayed at her Caravan in Crimdon. Decent pool from what i remember but the town center was no different to spenny or aycliffe or places like that

Last car i bought in the north east was from Peterlee. Ran like a dream for about 4 years and only cost buttons to start with.

I can only really remember Peterlee from the 80`s through going with me gran when we stayed at her Caravan in Crimdon. Decent pool from what i remember but the town center was no different to spenny or aycliffe or places like that
Its almost identical to Aycliffe - build by the same people at the same time.

Iā€™ve often wondered this and I think itā€™s for the Trevor pasty thread, probably because I lived there and spoke a lot about it and was probably quite controversial in my younger days and then Heed used to go on about it.

Not sure why it is supposedly so bad mind. Thereā€™s many people here that live in either a worse place or couldnā€™t afford to live in some of the better houses there.
I went to school there and only live a few miles away now so still get down there now and again. It has its nice bits and it has its shit bits. It has good people and some not so good. Just the same as anywhere else.

I went to school there and only live a few miles away now so still get down there now and again. It has its nice bits and it has its shit bits. It has good people and some not so good. Just the same as anywhere else.

This. Spent a fair bit of time down there over the years as a kid going to see me Nanna as me dadā€™s side of the family come from that area. The town centre is shite the same as any new townā€™s centre, but housing areas seemed fine in the main to me - as you say some nicer areas and some not as nice, the same as anywhere really.

It actually has loads of green spaces, unlike most places. There's fields and trees all over.
And, oddly, hardly any traffic lights. I can only think of 2 sets in the whole town, and they're both at the town centre.

Its a bit crap, obviously, but its not all that bad. Certainly no worse than anywhere else in East Durham.
A19 roundabout has got a stupid set of lights that should be part time.

Back