Peterborough will go up automatically

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

the other year they were absolutely flying n a st holder came on n said its ok wel die off. Weird!

Their shite form usually starts around Christmas time or just before. Noticed it for a few years now but they seem to be improving rather than getting worse this time. They had a habit of being something daft like 10 points clear in early December then losing 50% of their games. They aren't doing that this season for whatever reason but they didn't start as strongly either

Theres no stand out team in this league this season. We've stuttered all season up until recebtly and are only 8 points off them.

Imo it will be a race between us, pompey and peterboro for top spot.

Plenty games left for us to run away with it tbh

Still a hell of a lot of games to play, Peterborough always end up dropping like a stone towards the end, but I do hope it’s us and them that are waving at Rotherham and Wycombe on our way up

Nope. The same has been said this season about Ipswich, Hull, Lincoln and Portsmouth. They can’t all be nailed on for promotion. Everyone in this league is shit, that’s the reality of it. And we’re all equally as able to lose 5 in a row as win 5 in a row.
Nail on the head. Anytime a top 10side strings some wins together some Nostradamus announces them as champions.

Nail on the head. Anytime a top 10side strings some wins together some Nostradamus announces them as champions.

You might have a point, but I think Peterborough are different because of their front 3, at this level, its a step ahead of most sides lets be honest, pace, power, bit of skill too.

I am no expert in what they have beneath that, so that could stump them

I'd suggest that if those 3 play the majority of the games they have a good chance of going up, although they have history.

Lincoln are nout special mind, but we really cant afford too many slip ups, we need to win on Saturday, one bad result, and we are like 10/11 points behind.

If we can be so presumptuous/optimistic as to think we will get one of the two spots...who would we want in the other?

Charlton or Peterborough for me.

If we can be so presumptuous/optimistic as to think we will get one of the two spots...who would we want in the other?

Lincoln automatically and Doncaster in the playoffs. The shitter the better for next season trying to establish ourselves up there

Want the other two to be the two clubs least able to compete in that division - that means we'll only have to finish above one current Champo team to survive.

They've had no bad luck with injuries this season and it won't last.
If that centre forward gets crocked or Dembele, they are goosed. It will happen.

Can't see how they won't.... Stand out team in this league if you ask me....... 8pts clear of us but I do think the other automatic spot is wide open and we have a very good chance ....do you lot agree?

I’d say currently I fancy us to get more points than other sides in the run in. Whether it’s 8 points better is a tough call. We have to win, not draw, some big games.

Still a hell of a lot of games to play, Peterborough always end up dropping like a stone towards the end, but I do hope it’s us and them that are waving at Rotherham and Wycombe on our way up
Everyone keeps saying this but they really don’t. They ‘always’ drop like a stone through December, January and February then have very decent form from March but leave themselves too much to do.

Obviously if they continue to be a team that have top Spring form then they’ll smash the league but as everything’s so upside down at the minute who knows.

They are heavily reliant on a relatively small handful of key players and those players have played the majority of games so it’s going to be interesting if fatigue becomes a factor.

The leagues so tight anyone from down to probably 15th would have a chance of promotion if putting a decent run together.

You might have a point, but I think Peterborough are different because of their front 3, at this level, its a step ahead of most sides lets be honest, pace, power, bit of skill too.

I am no expert in what they have beneath that, so that could stump them

I'd suggest that if those 3 play the majority of the games they have a good chance of going up, although they have history.

Lincoln are nout special mind, but we really cant afford too many slip ups, we need to win on Saturday, one bad result, and we are like 10/11 points behind.
They’ve only topped the table for about 10 hours in the whole season so far, so can’t be that special further back.

Hope they go up with us - they were done right over with the stupid points per game finish to last season. Not arsed about winning the league, promotion is all that matters

Back